Latest Firmware for Archer C20(INWISP)

Latest Firmware for Archer C20(INWISP)

24 Reply
Re:[New Firmware] Latest Firmware for Archer C20(INWISP)
2021-08-15 20:47:39

@Kevin_Z Hi,

I recently updated my C20 firmware using the file you shared. The router since then has given me issues with poor WiFi range and connectivity. I've tried resetting the router since then have had no success. I wouldn't mind downgrading to the older firmware as that was much more stable for me.

Would be helpful if you could help me out here!

Cheers

Options
2021-09-22 12:02:12

@Kevin_Z  I bought it as a temporary analogue of the Apple Airport Express MC414, but after a couple of days of use I realized that it was not a bad analogue that would remain on an ongoing basis! Even more and 3 times cheaper.

Options
2021-10-16 15:24:09

@Kevin_Z  when we will get the  update for  archer c20  us V5 ?

Options
2021-11-08 05:31:58
after upgrading to this firmware every time restart or power on no internet , for internet connection have to unplug wan port and plug again in every restart or power on , please give me solution
Options
2021-11-11 01:14:22

@akash_1489 

When the power is back, will the ISP modem internet is back automatically? Please connect a computer to the ISP modem directly by an Ethernet cable, then power off the modem manually, test again if you can access the internet immediately? This must be confirmed first to address if the issue is caused by the modem or the router.

If the modem connects to the internet immediately after the power off then on, please connect the modem to the C20 again and confirm if there is still a WAN IP address on the C20. Try to change the DNS server on the Network > Internet page to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 if there is still a WAN IP address when the internet drops.

BTW, who is your ISP, and what is the WAN connection type on the C20? Is there still a WAN IP address, default gateway, and DNS servers when the internet LED changes to be red? When you click on Release then Renew, will you get a different WAN IP or are you getting the same?

As per the Connection Mode (under Network > WAN page), please it is "Always on", then reboot the router to monitor.

Options
Re:Latest Firmware for Archer C20(INWISP)
2022-02-11 20:12:42

@Kevin_Z I have been trying to upgrade Archer C20 for the last 1.5 year. Today on 12th feb 2022 found ARCHER C20 V5 (INWISP) file on Internet..

I upgraded firmware version but still no benifit bcz there is no option to control speed limit for guest in guest mode..

I have 50 Mbps Plan and wants to reserve 5 Mbps for guest so that it will not decrease my net speed..

Options
2023-05-14 07:25:59 - last edited 2023-05-14 07:31:43

Hi, @Kevin_Z 

Thank you so much for sharing the latest firmware for Archer C20(INWISP) which is specifically meant for India. Is this firmware meant specifically for those routers which were provided by internet service providers? and not separately purchased by individuals ? I see Archer C20(ISP) visible in TP-link site. 

I do not see the version (INWISP) mentioned by you on the modem or in the tp link website. Can you please clarify?

As others have asked is this firmware safe and is this is issued by TP link ? Idonot see it in the official website where we can download firmware. Could you please clarify ?.

Once again appreciate your help in sharing the latest firmware.  

Regards,

Sam  

Options
2023-05-16 07:38:53

@Sam_andrews 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

When we provided the firmware here in the community, I was told this is a specific firmware made for Archer C20(INWISP), so I guess this is not upgradable for the Archer C20(ISP).

Can you please verify the version of the router you own? Please check the router label, does it show Archer C20(ISP)? If it is Archer C20(ISP), I assume you may contact the local technical support to confirm if there is new firmware for it (if you purchased it from a local store):

https://www.tp-link.com/in/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options
2023-07-21 00:13:14

@Kevin_Z  i have Archer c20 v5 Indian model but after downloading your provide fileband putting it in firmware upgrade it say error 4503 you device cant accept this file what can id do i am having wireless buffering issue on my phone

Options
2023-07-21 08:51:25

@Vicky2002 

No, the provided firmware is only applied to Archer C20(INWISP) as stated in my original post. You cannot install it on US hardware.

I saw you're creating multiple threads and we can discuss the issue there.

Options
Related Articles