Votes

[Wi-Fi Routers] AP Mode supports Onemesh

Votes

[Wi-Fi Routers] AP Mode supports Onemesh

78 Reply
Re:[Wi-Fi Routers] AP Mode supports Onemesh
2022-05-19 10:23:51

I gave up waiting for this feature : I switched to one Deco X50 3-set pack.

Now, I have what I missed : the ethernet backhaul on all satellites (not only the main satellite) + the mesh feature in AP mode.

Options
2022-06-30 08:12:41

@Kevin_Z 

Starting I'm also thought all tp link router do support one mesh like what Asus did to their router and i bought ax 55 and ax 20 

After tinkering and reading I'm sad ... Because not working... 😂

TL-wpa 8631p real world speed very sad higher latency higher ping no matter wired or wifi 

range extender re 505x without wired backhaul support not even access point mode support onemesh for the price tp link asking for 

my only choice left EAP series but i wasted the main wifi router the wifi ability to reduce interference with omada .... Because as tp link quote omada, deco, onemesh 3 of them are different product... Yeah i get it 

But ain't ax 20 ax 55 under onemesh family? Old school router we only disabled extra router DHCP set a fix reserve IP there you go access point mode the only annoying part different SSID name use ... well i still wish tp link putting more love to their products more versatile and customer will loving tp link more ...

Have a nice day 😊

Options
2022-07-30 20:22:30

@Kevin_Z 

What the ****

I spent hundreds on Archer 90 and 5x RE505 to find out, that it does not fit my newly builded CAT7 infrastructure?!

Thats like betrayal. 

Will try to return those to seller as false statement at product description!

Really sad. 

Options
Re:[Wi-Fi Routers] AP Mode supports Onemesh-Solution
2022-08-23 12:12:26 - last edited 2022-08-23 12:12:53

Hello @zuozi and everyone who is looking for Onemesh between two routers,

I'm updating here to let you know that there will be a new feature called EasyMesh added to the TP-Link routers and range extenders, which will allow you to build a mesh network between two routers wirelessly.

Please visit the following thread to know more about how EasyMesh will work, leave your comments there if you have further inquiries:

EasyMesh Networking: Build Wireless Backhaul between Routers and Range Extenders

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-08-23 12:17:42

@Kevin_Z 

wirellesly?

thats possible even now, isnt it?

I guess we are looking for putting extenders on wired infrastructure. 

please clarify

cheers, Tom

Options
2022-08-23 17:43:14

@Kevin_Z 

No. I'm sorry but this is not the solution. The Archer AX1500 cannot use the easymesh in Access Point Mode. Only in Router Mode.

Please specify the supported model of router and range extender.

Ans please specify the firmware version that must be used.

Many Thanks.

Options
RE:[Wi-Fi Routers] AP Mode supports Onemesh
2022-11-24 09:20:03
This is a very much needed feature.
Options
2022-11-24 09:31:21

I need to say that I have recently attempted to extend my Archer AX1500 network with the RE505X device. They have flawlessly configured for OneMesh, but that was all they did. I have placed the RE505X halfway the router's range - as instructed - but my devices (laptop, mobiles, etc) were continuously connected with the router and not willing to switch to the extender even though router's signal was already very poor and extender's one very strong. Quite often they were reconnecting back and forth. Even if I finally made the device to connect via the extender, network speed was very poor (2-5Mbps).

Overall - I am heavily disappointed with the OneMesh. I hope that EasyMesh may work better in future.

Options
2022-12-19 18:57:34
Must have
Options
2022-12-23 18:08:40
support this feature , mesh can work in AP mode
Options

Voters 112

+ 108 Voters