[Troubleshooting] Deco M4 update firmware problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[Troubleshooting] Deco M4 update firmware problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
21 Reply
Re:[Troubleshooting] Deco M4 update firmware problems
2021-07-26 08:41:04

@Spot23 

Hi, nice to see you again, and please see the reply on another thread.

Thank you.

Options
2021-07-31 16:01:30

@TP-Link 

Hi,

I've been using Deco M4 for almost a year now. I'm using wired connection between all 3 Decos where the satellites are connected to the main deco using a TPLink switch. After the latest firmware update 1.5.0 Build 20210511 Rel. 34580, the devices which are connected to the main deco are facing unstable internet connection. Videos are taking much longer to load and when using vowifi calling, there is no outgoing audio. I've tried reseting all devices, changing DNS, disabling fast roaming and switching the decos. None of them worked. Whats strange about this issue is that when these same devices are connected to satellites everything works fine.

Options
2021-08-02 10:57:54

@joprince 

Hi, I would like to follow up on your case by email and could you please help me check the following information:

1. Did any Deco M4 turn red when the internet dropped out?

2. Did the Ethernet connection via Deco have the same issue?

3.How often did they drop the connection and how did the internet restore when the internet dropped out?

4. Please also turn off the Mesh technology from Deco APP on these devices;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-08-03 16:16:38

@TP-Link 

1. Did any Deco M4 turn red when the internet dropped out?

No, none of the Decos turn red. Like I said, I'm facing this issue only when connected to main Deco There is no internet drop out, but very slow speed when loading contents such as video on social media platforms such as Facebook, Linkedin etc. And also no outgoing voice when using VoWifi.

2. Did the Ethernet connection via Deco have the same issue?

I cannot confirm this as I'm facing these issues on multiple mobile devices when connected wirelessly to the main Deco. I've reset the Decos and even swaped the Decos but still the issue persists.

3.How often did they drop the connection and how did the internet restore when the internet dropped out?

I face this issue whenever a mobile device is connected to the main Deco. Right now, I turn off the wifi and reconnect the wifi while standing next to any of the satellite Decos. Once I manage to reconnect to the network via the satellite Decos, the issue resolves.

4. Please also turn off the Mesh technology from Deco APP on these devices;

I tried this but this doesn't resolve the issue.

Options
2021-08-04 07:14:01

@joprince 

Hi

When loading consents are slow, have you run the speed test, and was the speed test normal?

Since you mentioned the issue only started when connecting to the main Deco,  would you please help me run a simple test

-unplug the other 2 satellite Deco units and leave the main Deco only;

--when the issue is repeated again, please disconnect the Wi-Fi and reconnect it again and check whether the issue continued.

By the way, did you receive my email since later I might need to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance?

Options
2021-08-04 16:01:38 - last edited 2021-08-04 16:02:22

@TP-Link 

Hey,

-unplug the other 2 satellite Deco units and leave the main Deco only;

I tried this and issue still exists.

--when the issue is repeated again, please disconnect the Wi-Fi and reconnect it again and check whether the issue continued

Yes, the issue is still there.

Yes, I got the mail

I'm not facing any network speed drop when testing it with services like fast.com. But what I found is that there is huge packet loss when connected to the main Deco.

I'll attach some screenshots of the packet loss test when connected to main deco.

Packet loss test when connected to satellite deco:

Options
2021-08-05 01:32:38

@joprince 

Thank you very much and your case has been forwarded to the senior engineers already.

Please check the email for further assistance.

Options
2021-08-05 06:19:59

I am having deco m4 for last year. And yesterday I updated them to version 1.5.0 build 20210511 and immediately i start to have unstable internet. 

I am not able to work normally and even I was not able to write the post here from  the first time. My connection is keeping dropping all the time.

Fix it asap!!!!!!!!!!

Options
Re:[Troubleshooting] Deco M4 update firmware problems-Solution
2021-08-05 07:22:08 - last edited 2021-08-06 01:23:24

@Roman_Goldberg 

Hi, Did you see my private message?

Could you please help me check those two information?

At the same time, please have a look at the following link

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/272384

Thank you very much.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-08-05 14:59:40

@TP-Link 

Hi,

i have installed the new firmware you send to me and looks like it has fixed all my problems.

Thanks

Options
Related Articles