What can I do if my Router keeps Rebooting randomly?

What can I do if my Router keeps Rebooting randomly?

80 Reply
Re:What can I do if my Router keeps Rebooting randomly?
2022-07-04 04:03:47

Kevin_Z wrote

Rodney_F wrote

Dear Kevin, Thanks for the solution. My new bought AX73 and then upgraded to the latest firmware also faced WAN_on/off every hour, and drived me crazy.. I think you should tell ENGs to set "Reboot Schedule" as default enable in the latest version of firmware. Maybe the AP would keeping reboot due to the null setting in the program.. Thanks again,

@Rodney_F Thank you for your suggestion. While I honestly don't agree it's a good idea to enable Reboot Schedule by default, as not all users would be aware of this setting and they may think it's an issue when the router reboots.

Regarding the WAN_on/off issue on your AX73, can you please confirm if you are experiencing a dropout? Do you enable the Reboot Schedule? Will the internet LED on the AX73 change orange when you notice a dropout? I would suggest sending the system log on the AX73 to support.forum@tp-link.com, then our engineers may investigate then suggest.

Same problem here with my AX73, 73-75 wifi devices connected.

• No reboot schedule
  • Power supply connected to UPS
  • Router well ventilated with temp arround 25'-27' C
    Using power adapter that came with the router.
  • Already try restore factory setting
  • Using latest FW
  • 3x RE 450 connected as extender with onemesh enabled.

AX-73 randomly reboot (all lights off and on) 1-2x in two days or sometime internet light goes orange for 1-2 minutes (1-3x in one day)

Options
2022-07-04 05:43:06

diporif wrote 

• No reboot schedule
  • Using latest FW

AX-73 randomly reboot (all lights off and on) 1-2x in two days or sometime internet light goes orange for 1-2 minutes (1-3x in one day)

@diporif When did you purchase the AX73? Does the issue start when you just install it?

Please try to plug the power adapter directly into a stable wall socket to monitor if the issue will disappear.

If possible, we would also suggest testing by removing the RE450 extenders from the network temporarily to monitor the AX73 stability, or you may remove one first if that alleviates the situation.

Options
2022-07-04 09:32:05

Kevin_Z wrote

diporif wrote 

• No reboot schedule
  • Using latest FW

@diporif When did you purchase the AX73? Does the issue start when you just install it?

Please try to plug the power adapter directly into a stable wall socket to monitor if the issue will disappear.

If possible, we would also suggest testing by removing the RE450 extenders from the network temporarily to monitor the AX73 stability, or you may remove one first if that alleviates the situation.

@Kevin_Z 

This issue happened after I added my 2nd and 3rd RE450 about 3 weeks ago.

No problem if only with 1 Re450.

Any advice?

Options
2022-07-04 10:00:31

@diporif 

From my personal point of view, ~75 clients to the AX73 seems quite a lot, can I know what kind of devices? Are most of them smart IoT devices?

When you are not using the 2nd and 3rd RE450, how many devices you are connecting to the AX73?

Please email the whole system log on the AX73 via email to support.forum@tp-link.com, be sure that it includes the logs when the AX73 reboots then recovers.

Options
2022-07-04 11:50:40 - last edited 2022-07-04 11:51:57

AX 73= 40

RE 1 = 5

RE 2 = 11

RE 3 = 17

75 is too much?

As advertised it can handle up to 200 devices :D

Thats why pick Ax73 to replace my decos M5

10 IP CCTV

15 IP Bulbs/Lights

9-10 google home / chromecast

The rest are PC or smartphone and game console

Yes I will email the log once its reboot again.. thank you

Options
2022-07-04 11:54:24

Options
2022-07-05 05:47:40

@diporif 

OK, please email the router log if it reboots again.

Yes, I understand the advertised connecting clients can be 200+, and that would be a result in the lab, that will vary depending on the applications and environmental factors as stated. Anyway, we will try to figure out if this is related to the number of connected devices or not.

Options
2022-07-06 12:21:55

Just the same issue,

I've bought AX73 few weeks ago,

No reboot schedule

Stable power supply

Router well ventilated
Using power adapter that came with the router

Using latest FW

5 devices via Wi-Fi

Options
2022-07-09 05:57:39

I think I found a solution, I went to settings, network / internet / NET section and unchecked Enable NAT. After that I made sure that all the necessary services stopped in the system log/started. Then I turned it back on (ticked Enable NAT). It's been two days without reboots.

Options
2022-10-18 12:15:13

@Kevin_Z

Kevin_Z wrote

This Article Applies to:

TP-Link Routers

Background:

Going through the community, we found some customers sporadically reporting that the router randomly reboots itself. Some customers resolved the auto-reboot issue by replacing the power adapter, some got fixed by updating router firmware, some got resolved by modifying router settings, etc. This article aims to provide some basic suggestions for the issue.

Issue Description/Phenomenon:

When a router is rebooting itself or restarting, all the LEDs will flash automatically, it seems the router is just starting up. This may occur randomly or periodically, the internet will stop on all the client devices that connect to the router, wired and wirelessly, when the router reboots itself, and it may take 2-5 minutes, then the internet will be back as normal.

Troubleshooting Suggestions:

1. Check and confirm if there is a Reboot Schedule on the router, try to disable it if it is enabled.

Here we take the web GUI of the Archer AX10 for an example, you can find the Reboot Schedule under Advanced > System > Reboot as follows:

2. Ensure the power supply is stable in the house, and other devices are working stably all the time.

3. Put the router in a well-ventilated location or mount it vertically on a stand that permits the free flow of air, check the below guide to put the router in a proper location:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2606/

4. Be sure you are using the power adapter that came with the router.

5. Try to reset the router to the default factory following the FAQ.

6. Upgrade the router firmware to the latest. You can follow the guide: How to Upgrade the Firmware on the TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers?

If the router still reboots itself after checking all the above, it is suggested to comment below, or email support.forum@tp-link.com with the subject [Forum ID 270746] Router keeps rebooting randomly. In either case, be sure to provide the following information:

1. How many devices are connected to the router, wired, and wirelessly? 

2. Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the router to restart?

3. Does this issue happen when you purchased the router, or does it happen after running properly for some time?

4. Take and send a video recording of the router restarting process, especially the LED status.

Hi Kevin,

Facing Issue with TP Link Archer AX10 v1.20 whixh was brought from Amazon India. Have tried all the steps recommended in the post also checked the Power Adaptor output its showing 12V==1.5Amp.

Firmware upgraded=Yes

No of Devices: 5

Any settings change:No

Facing Issue from time it's been purchase

Connected with Original PowerAdaptor from TP Link.

Please let me know the solution

Options