What can I do if my Router keeps Rebooting randomly?

What can I do if my Router keeps Rebooting randomly?

80 Reply
Re:[Troubleshooting] Router keeps rebooting randomly?
2021-09-06 01:57:38

@Myilraj 

Hi, your case was escalated to the support engineers, it seems they are working on it with you actively. We will remind them to check your email.

Options
2021-09-06 03:44:45

@Kevin_Z 

Yeah, it's been a month already! I am puzzled why you need a month to resolve an issue?

Issue me a new product and I will courier this to you.

Options
2021-09-08 04:17:18

@Kevin_Z  

Check the power connectors. A loose power connection is the most common reason a modem may keep restarting. This can be a loose connection at the outlet, or at the power port on the back of your modem. Your entire home's internet connection depends on that modem. Troubleshooting your modem to stop random restarts should start with hardware first things like cables and power. Then work your way through software and setting issues. You will hopefully be able to fix the issue without having to replace the modem itself.

Options
2021-09-15 05:00:46

@Kevin_Z 

Did you get to check my replies? Respond to my emails. 

The new device is also getting restart after a few hours of working.

Options
2021-10-27 08:43:51
1. How many devices are connected to the router, wired, and wirelessly? ` I have 0 wired devices and about 12 devices connected wirelessly` 2. Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the router to restart? `There is no special setting that I know of or any other special operation that I do' 3. Does this issue happen when you purchased the router, or it happens after running properly for some time? `This started happening almost a year after I bought the router. It was working fine till then` 4. Take and send a video recording of the router restarting process, especially the LED status. `The reboot process is very random and I cannot guess whn it will reboot. However, I have seen the WPS light flashing when the issue happens sometimes'
Options
2021-10-27 09:08:39

@ganeshahv 

Are you always using the original power adapter, which is 12 V ⎓ 1 A (you may verify this on the power adapter)? 

Is the power supply in your home stable? We will report this to the local tech support, and see if there is anything they can help further.

Options
2021-10-27 09:15:48
Yes @kevin_Z, I have been using the same power adapter that was supplied by the manufacturer. Its rating is 12V, 1.5A I have connected this to a UPS. So the power supply is stable.
Options
2021-10-27 09:25:14 - last edited 2021-10-27 09:55:36

@Kevin_Z 

I do not know if it is a coincidence of some sort or not. These issues seem to have started after i connected my iPhone12 to the Wifi network. 

To rule it out, i did switch off the Wifi on the phone. but the problem did not stop. 

Options
2022-02-09 13:04:05

@Kevin_Z Please check the which software these people are using (US or EU). I had the same issue and it seems I had upgraded to the US firmware instead of the EU firmware (which is what my model is).

Options
2022-02-10 06:49:04

NoelCarson wrote

@Kevin_Z Please check the which software these people are using (US or EU). I had the same issue and it seems I had upgraded to the US firmware instead of the EU firmware (which is what my model is).

@NoelCarson Thank you very much for reminding me of the version concern. Is your router model also Archer AX23? How did you install the US firmware on the EU hardware? I think they are not compatible.

Options