Deco X60 Lagspikes & High Network Interference in report

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-19 07:13:15
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 20210121 Rev 54042

I recently upgraded my wifi network from an Asus mesh.

I am having been having issues with lag spikes on my wifi connection since I have switched to 3 x TP-Link NX60's. 

Using Tracert, these are sometimes up to 4400ms but it varies enormously.

I have a guest network enabled called "Stables" and my main house network is called "Darkness" 

I am assuming that the hidden network is the wifi backhaul between the routers. 

The "Asus_C8_2G 2" network is running on another router, I have tried switching off this network but it makes no difference.

I can connect using the home network and the lag spikes go away. 

I ran the Wifi interference check from the app "Deco Lab" and received the following report. 

It appears that the networks created by the X60 are all running on the same channels and are interfering with each other.

Not sure of there is anything else that could be causing this.  

As I am unable to change the networks that the X60 routers use, to try and resolve the interference I moved the "Asus_C8_2G 2" network to 2.4ghz channel 7 & the 5ghz to channel 48 and then ran the optimize. This resulted in the X60 networks being moved to channels  35 & 2, there are however still loads of network spikes on the connection and I can only assume that this is as a result of the Stables, Darkness & Hidden SSID networks sharing the same frequencies. 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to get rid of these lag spikes & wifi interference as the management app seems to be rather limited in what I can do?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco X60 Lagspikes & High Network Interference in report
2021-07-24 20:06:37

No suggestions from anyone ?

Does anyone know what the differences are between the different versions of the X60 routers? 

Options
2021-09-10 17:47:24

@Sc00bs having the same issues here. The Wifi interference test is saying that I have 'high interference' and I should switch to another channel - BUT WE CAN'T SWITCH TO ANOTHER CHANNEL ON DECO!

Honestly, I'm getting to the end of my patience with this. Until they actually allow more control over this, the system is basically useless junk. 

Options
2021-11-04 19:26:53

Same in wifi assistant report with my 3 deco X60 units also, but in my case, it just shows his SSID twice (2 decos that reachable from phone at assistant test) and reports this as high interference. 
Unclear why in my case why it marks it as high.
And of cause, the main problem is that deco management options are very poor.
Ability to choose channels manualy - sounds basic setting in every wifi AP. 

Options
2021-11-05 09:52:11

@Valery_ 

Hi, satellite Deco will follow the channel of main Deco.

Even though there is no adjacent channel, if you have a 3-pack Deco kit, there would be about 5*SSID on the same channel:3*2.4Ghz of each Deco unit+2 Hidden SSID for wireless backhaul.

So the current Wi-Fi interference detection is not so smart and would be optimized along with the firmware upgrade.

Currently, for most of the models, the firmware 1.5.x and above have added Network optimization which could automatically adjust the current 2.4ghz channel.

And if there is no specific issue, it is not suggested to check for wireless interference very frequently.

But if you have suffered the ping spike, unstable connection or slow speed, etc., please feel free to send feedback to support.forum@tp-link.com with more details about your current issue.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2384

Replies: 4