Initial WiFi setup without LAN cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-26 04:54:57
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I had bought a TP-Link WR940N router and face some problems with the connection. I followed the steps in the guide but couldn't set up a WiFi connection with the modem. I study in a University and they provide LAN connection in the walls in every room. So I connected my LAN cable with the Orange port in the modem and switched on the modem. The laptop I use doesn't have a LAN port to connect with an ethernet cable. So the initial setup itself I need to do wirelessly. On switching the modem ON, the orange led was prominent most of the time even for more than 10mins. When it got detected by the system, I tried to log in with the SSID but could connect again. I tried using tplinkwifilogin.net also and followed the quick setup process, however, 100% reboot didn't occur and a message saying that 'No connection found' was shown. Could someone help me on this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Initial WiFi setup without LAN cable
2021-07-26 07:54:18

@Aravind93 

In general you have to connect the etherrnet cable to the blue port of WR940N.

If you didn't changed the SSID of WR940N, then look at the bottom sticker - there you should have the default SSID and wireless password.

Connect your laptop to that SSID and login the router web management page, then configure it according to your needs.

If you changed the SSID and password, but can't remember them just hard reset (method 1) the router and start over.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5460

Replies: 1

Related Articles