Ethernet Backhaul not working

Ethernet Backhaul not working

37 Reply
Re:Ethernet Backhaul not working
2022-10-18 02:20:20

@JoeyJonesy 

Hi, yes, you could connect the CCTV receiver via Ethernet cable to the satellite Deco.

The following layouts both work well:

main Deco---<cable>--satellite Deco---<cable>---CCTV receiver

main Deco---<wireless>--satellite Deco---<cable>---CCTV receiver

Thanks.

Options
2022-10-19 13:32:52

@TP-Link 

Hi,

I try to achieve the following situation:

Not only that, I want the wireless deco to be selective in the source it takes from as wired deco:

I've tried to set this up in both router and AP mode, but I cannot get it to work completely.

I get al satelites online in the router mode, both for the wireless deco's the incorrect source is chosen.

How can I get this to work?

Options
2022-10-20 11:50:58

@frinsr1 Hi, your current firmware might not support selecting the signal source yet and you could test the following firmware:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/39?page=1&labelIds=8214

Best regards.

Options
2022-10-20 12:19:48
Hi, Sorry, I borrowed your picture. I have the Deco X50 (not the v5 like the picture). is for the x50 also new firmware available?
Options
2022-10-20 13:49:57
ignore my previous post; I've found the FW update, installed it, and it's working exactly as expected. Thanks for the help!
Options
2022-10-22 02:17:13 - last edited 2022-10-22 02:23:03

@TP-Link 

Hi,

I purchased the 3 pack X60 system and intended to use ethernet backhaul as my main connection to other nodes. My current setup is:

Modem (Internet source) >>> tp-link switch (sf1005d) >>> main deco x60 and 2 other deco x60 on 2nd and 3rd floor. 

The problem is: 2nd floor deco connected through ethernet backhaul but not the 3rd floor deco. 

I tested the ethernet cable, it works as it should though. 

I have attached the details network tree below for better understanding. 

Please advice me how to get all floors connect through ethernet backhaul. 

Options
2022-10-22 19:27:05

@juzkid 

Hi there, im having about same problem;

service router--> switch---> and ethernet cables from switch the every single Deco (3 M5 + 2 M4).  ( setup in Acess point mode )

I have tested the cables ok and sometimes they shows ehternet conection (480mbs) and sometimes shows 1 trace of wifi, i think is when shows about 5 10mb conections.

Options
2022-10-24 07:03:40

@Hellgomes welcome to the community. May I know the model number of your network switch?

And if you have installed Deco App 3.0, Can I have a picture of your network topology as well?

Best regards.

juzkid, Hi, is your Deco X60 working on the access point mode as well?

Would it make any difference to connect Deco -T3 to another Ethernet port from TL-SF1005D?

And if possible, please switch the location of T2 and T3 to see whether it is always the same Deco that failed to get Ethernet backhaul.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-10-24 11:01:01

@David-TP yes I changed x60 to access point already. I've tried other ports on x60 and on the switch and still no luck. I've also tried to move T3-Deco to T2 and it worked. Should that be the wiring problem? But I have another asus router, it still works as the main internet source for that router though. 

is there a command or something to force deco using ethernet backhaul?

Options
2022-10-25 07:35:31

@juzkid 

Hi, Thanks for the update. There is no command to force Deco using Ethernet backhaul. If the T3-Deco could use Ethernet backhaul somewhere else, I think it is very likely the wiring problem, especially when the wires are inside the walls.

And I am not sure what do you mean by "But I have another asus router, it still works as the main internet source for that router though", did this Asus router use to be put where T3-Deco is to supply internet for 3rd floor?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Related Articles