Disable Onemesh Hidden network on Onemesh Routers

Disable Onemesh Hidden network on Onemesh Routers

66 Reply
Re:[Solution] Disable Onemesh Hidden network
2021-10-20 14:41:12

@lmpi 

I believe the problem with the C6 EU version partly lies with the size of its ROM.

The difference between the EU an US version is that US version has twice the size of the EU version ROM.

For US it's 16 MB, but for EU version is 8 MB. You can see that by the size of the FW for different versions.

Of course many C6 EU owners hope that the TP-Link developers would manage to issue an updated official FW release soon - it's more than a year since the last one.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-10-20 15:11:00

@terziyski I see your point, but I don't see how that could be the actual issue.

Archer C6 v2 (EU) FW v1.3.6-20200902-rel65591: 7 954 370 Bytes
Archer C6 v2 (EU) FW v1.3.6-20201030-rel60104: 7 869 841 Bytes
-84 529 Bytes in the beta FW

Archer C6 v2 (US) FW v1.1.7-20201010-rel49458: 13 883 640 Bytes
Archer C6 v2 (US) FW v1.1.8-20210226-rel34930: 13 780 501 Bytes
-103 139 Bytes in the last official FW

Even considering that the FW binaries might have compression, most changes are to existing code few additions, hardly a reason to suspect any substantial increase in ROM or RAM usage. To be honest, I think what bothers me the most at this point is the asinine TP-Link Beta background, flexing their MS Paint skills.

I wonder if disabling OneMesh service in the beta FW and then downgrading back maintains OneMesh off...

Options
2021-10-20 17:13:25 - last edited 2022-07-29 10:17:21

@lmpi 

I haven't tested that, but I doubt reverting to the latest official FW will keep the OneMesh off - after all the FW installed, defines how the hardware should work.

With the latest official FW It's even emitting the hidden OneMesh networks, when the device is in AP mode (where OneMesh shouldn't be available at all).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-10-21 19:07:44

terziyski wrote

@lmpi 

I haven't tested that, but I doubt reverting to the latest official FW will keep the OneMesh off.

With the latest official FW It's even emiting the hidden OneMesh networks when the device is in AP mode (where OneMesh shouldn't be available at all).

@terziyski Yeah, unfortunately that didn't work.

Options
2021-11-12 03:03:44 - last edited 2021-11-12 03:54:42

My archer c60 is a total mess. My wife is complaining about slow internet (she uses de 2.4 ghz band) and my bluetooth mouse which is next to the router is having trouble to connect and all of this because yesterday I decided to update the firmware and now a hidden network appears in my router and I cannot turn it off and who knows how long I'd had to wait to be able to do so. What annoys me the most is that I wasn't notified that the firmware update would create a hidden network for the "onemesh feature".

I'm completely disappointed with TP link (i'm a long time user and have many products). This is a total failure in the engineering side. I won't recommend tp link routers anymore.

For now, I'll be waiting (probably a couple of years) for the update that allows me to turn off something i didn't pay for. Probably is better to sell the router and never look back at tp link and its terrible decisions. Dissapointing. 

Options
2021-11-12 07:11:54

@uzulo 

May I know the current firmware version of the Archer C60 now? When did you update it?

Is the country code an EU or US?

Options
2021-11-13 00:02:27 - last edited 2021-11-15 18:37:29

For everyone coming here to find a solution to this disaster, this is what I did to fix everything. I spent like 5 hours finding the solution (thanks tp link...)

First, the problems I was having:

-My wife was telling me that her instagram stories were slow and not loading as before.

- Lol wild rift and CODM mobile were having lag spikes 

-There was an annoying hidden network at all times.

-Interference with my Bluetooth mouse

All of this after upgrading the firmware.

The real solution (instead of waiting years for a supposedly firmware update. Remember this issue started back in 2019 according to early forum posts https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/170160?page=2 ):

Ditch TP link firmware and install Open WRT with the firmware update tool in the router. (look for guides is quite easy)

All was like before, no hidden network, no lag spikes, no hidden networks, and my mouse works flawless now. 

I want to repeat myself: this is a disaster for TP link routers. You already had my money, now you have my time that I could have used doing something else instead of fixing your mistakes and terrible software decisions to push a new feature to your clients. Disappointing. 

Options
Re:Disable Onemesh Hidden network on Onemesh Routers
2022-01-04 10:58:28

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you. Will there be an option to do this for the AX50?

Options
2022-01-04 11:27:50

@elviejotonto 

Archer AX50 doesn't support OneMesh. If you see hidden networks around you then these are more likely from another devices.

Options
2022-01-04 19:09:23

@Kevin_Z 

Are there any plan to release new firmware has disabling Onemesh option for Archer C2300(EU)_V2?

Options
Related Articles