What if the Range Extender keeps losing connection?

What if the Range Extender keeps losing connection?

28 Reply
Re:[Troubleshooting] Range Extender Keeps Losing Connection
2022-02-07 22:10:49
Not work
Options
2022-02-10 12:22:15

@Solla-topee hello

The range extender may extend Wi-Fi signal but it does not maintain the connection. This FAQ will guide you to do some tests to exclude possibility caused by router other elements beside the range extender.

End-device means computer, laptop, mobile phone, etc.

What should I do if my device keeps disconnecting from the internet when it’s connected to TP-Link Range Extender?

Options
2022-02-11 02:58:54

Hello @Abdullah011 

It is recommend to start a new thread here with the case details so we could look into that further, thank you. 

Options
Re:Range Extender Keeps Losing Connection
2022-09-27 15:39:05

@Solla-topee 

I have recently bought a TP-LINK WA801N v6 (with latest Firmware) and have configured it as a WiFi-WiFi extender.

Connection has been made with Modem (same SSID) but the connection constantly drops out then back in making it quite useless.

Using the progran NETSPOT the graph (attached) shows that the Modem signal is constant yet the WA801N fluctuates on/off every 20 seconds.

I also have an old TP-LINK TL-WR702N Nano Router configured "in the same position as the 801N" that gives an excellent constant signal - never dips.

The attached screen shows the TP-LINK WA801N v6 losing connection then regaing the signal.

Thanks

JoJoZep

Tue27sep22

Options
2022-10-26 21:48:19
Options
2022-10-27 08:58:17

@Smooooy 

I received a notice that you replied but could not see any entry. Are you pointing to your generic reply re fault finding ? If so did all those checks and did not solve problem.

Also as I explained - I also have an old TP-LINK TL-WR702N Nano Router configured "in the same position as the 801N" that gives an excellent constant signal - never dips.

I decided to inform the retailer about the problem and we settled to try another model TP-LINK WR940N. Installed it, configured exactly like previous model ( WA801N v6 ) in exactly same position ran signal strength monitor and received an excellent constant signal.

I'm 100% sure that the original unit WA801N v6 was faulty.

JoJo

27oct22

Options
2023-03-19 11:26:08
Options
Re:What if the Range Extender keeps losing connection?
2023-06-23 12:00:45

Making Use of the Manual Method
The Manual technique, also known as TP-Link Installation Assistance, is used by millions of people all around the world to set up TP-Link repeaters.

Here are the steps to manually configure your TP-Link repeater:

Check the stability of the connection between your Tp-Link repeater and the host router.
Next, turn on your client device and open a web browser.
To avoid technical issues, make sure you're using the most recent version of your browser. Aside from that, your computer or laptop is free of bugs and virus software.

Note: To avoid technical issues, confirm that you are using the latest version of the browser. Apart from this, your laptop or computer is free from bugs and malware software.

• In the address bar, type the web address and click on the Enter option. To get accurate results, always use the location bar instead of the search bar.
  • Within a couple of seconds, the TP-Link repeater login page will appear.
Options
Related Articles