Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

331 Reply
Re:[New Firmware] Routers supporting VPN Client-Solution
2021-08-23 06:41:17 - last edited 2021-08-23 06:52:16

@IrcCafe   @macmax1718 

Can we confirm who is the OpenVPN provider in this network?

If you failed to set up the VPN Client on the AX20, please check the solutions we provided in the below thread:

[Solution] VPN Client is not working

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:[New Firmware] Routers supporting VPN Client
2021-08-23 06:51:54

@ashish_gupta 

We cannot tell you now whether or when will the Archer AX6000/AX11000 will support the VPN Client feature, but your request had been forwarded to the related department, they should consider this seriously. You can subscribe to this thread and or keep an eye on your router web GUI/Tether app for any new firmware updates.

Options
2021-08-23 07:40:12

@Kevin_Z can you give an update whether TP LINK C6 V3.20 (US) will receive the VPN client feature?

Options
2021-08-23 10:47:23

@Kevin_Z my VPN service provider is ExpressVPN and NordVPN both I use under subscription

Options
2021-08-24 16:43:28

@Kevin_Z 

So I just purcashed the new Archer AX90/ AX6600 router at the recomendation of one of the mods on here because it supports VPN Client. 

Great right?! Umm nope.

Got it all set up today, and tried to use it with my Nord VPN account. Chatted with them for 30 minutes to no avail, and the tech agreed I have everything set up correctly.

I like other people on there have used the way old now ASUS routers with natively suported VPN Client YEARS ago.

I again like other people saw that the AX6000 mentioned OPEN VPN and mistakingly purchased it last year thinking it would be a great upgrade for my old ASUS.

Only to find out that it didn't and doesn't support VPN Client.

OK fast forward to the AX90/ AX6600. That says that it DOES support VPN Client with OPENVPN. Which version of OPENVPN? Well no one seems to know.

I was EXTEMELY dissapointing to find out from my chat session with one of your TP-Link representatives that yes while this new router DOES support VPN Clent and OPENVPN it DOES NOT (!!!!!) support an encrypted version of OPENVPN?!?! Why?! This is beyond silly to incorporate this feature, and not have it support and enctypted connection, why even have a place for username and password?

Sigh, here we go again. 

Options
2021-08-24 16:50:56
https://www.tp-link.com/bd/support/faq/3135/
Options
2021-08-24 16:51:13

@Mytunes Hello, seeing through your comments, you want to say that it does not connect successfully VPN client with OPENVPN because it does not accept encrypted connections, understanding vpn connections well is to be anonymous or to change geographical location due to blockages in streaming services is one of its main uses In my opinion, in other words, we are giving away the money, that is, throwing the money away at TP-LINK if you are a user who uses VPN like me, talk to another user before and it will be costly to switch to ASUS but we will not lose anywhere. moment the money.

Options
2021-08-24 17:32:43

@macmax1718 

Correct, you can use VPN client with OPEN VPN just not as an excrypted connection even though there is a place for username and password. 

This is the second time i've been caught by partial truth advertising, and it will certainly be the last.

Never ever had an issue with brand A, but liked the capabilities of the TP link products 

So NORD VPN or other enctypted OPEN VPN users beware the current TP Link VPN Client with Open VPN DOES NOT support encrtypted connections.

Hopefully this is something that they can change easily and quickly.

Again this is on the brand new Archer AX90 AX6600 model.

Options
2021-08-25 02:11:53

@Souvik30 

Sorry, we don't have that information either. ASAIK, there is currently no plan to add the support for VPN client feature on the C6 V3.20 (US).

Options
2021-08-25 02:30:08

@Mytunes 

Can we confirm if there is any error message when you tried to set up the VPN Client on the AX90? Please check the solution we provided here, then confirm which step did you get stuck with, we will soon update a solution:

[Solution] VPN Client is not working

Options