Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

331 Reply
Re:[New Firmware] Routers supporting VPN Client
2021-09-04 14:16:08

@Kevin_Z do you have plan to support VPN client on AX50 too? I'm keen to do trial if you have beta release that support it!!!

Options
2021-09-06 02:49:06

@Ntt 

No, I don't have any news that the AX50 will support VPN Client, we don't have beta for that either.sad

Options
2021-09-10 01:55:57

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin_Z, could you please add OpenVPN client support for the VR2800?

I recently purchased it for a VDSL connection and would love to use it with NordVPN and/or PureVPN

Happy to test any beta firmware as they become available

Thanks!

Options
2021-09-10 02:56:14

@andymic 

I don't know Archer VR2800 will support the OpenVPN client or not in the future, as this may be determined by the hardware and firmware, but we will record this as a feature request and will forward it to the dev team for consideration.

You are suggested to keep an eye on the official website for any newer firmware updates:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-vr2800/#Firmware

Options
2021-09-12 12:51:33

@Kevin_Z I would like to toss my hat into requesting VPN client support for the AX50 as well. If there is a more "proper" method for submitting feature requests, then I'd happily submit it there as well. Currently setting up VPN connections on a per-client basis, while having router-based support would protect the whole network out of the box.

Options
2021-09-13 03:45:07

@tonyrayo 

Hello, thanks for your request. This has been recorded in our system, so I guess there is no need to feedback again.

However, if you still want to highlight this request to the team, you can also submit a feature request or suggestions via the Tether app.

Options
2021-09-22 12:21:23

@Kevin_Z Hello, i have an Archer C5400X, which does not support VPN client. Its very disappointed, that this powerful and expensive router does not have this feature and I need to use my router as VPN Client. I would like to request TP-Link to add VPN Client feature for Archer C5400X in the next firmware upgrade in the near future. Thanks.

Options
2021-09-23 02:11:44

@Ducc 

I honestly cannot guarantee that Archer C5400X will receive a new firmware that adding the support for the VPN client, but I will certainly record your request and feedback to the dev team to evaluate.

Options
2021-09-30 23:03:19

@Kevin_Z 

I just bought AX5400 (AX73) because I read from the specs that it supports openvpn but realised that it doesn't have vpn client support.

So based on this article I'm guessing that I have to send my machine back to the dealer because I'm guessing that AX73 won't be getting vpn client support for a long time or anytime? 

Options
2021-10-08 07:13:47

@DJHasis 

I honestly don't know whether or when will the AX73 support the VPN Client feature or not. It's suggested to get one that already supports it if that is the main feature you are requiring.

Options