Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

Integration of VPN Services with Renowned Third-party VPN Providers NordVPN and SurfShark

331 Reply
Re:How to Connect TP-Link Router to a third-party VPN Provider (For ExpressVPN, NordVPN, etc.)
2023-03-02 08:32:36

@Kevin_Z 

any luck on ax6000 v1 final version? How long is it expected to take still? Beta causing some issues still now and then for me so would like the final one.

Options
Re:How to Connect TP-Link Router to a third-party VPN Provider (For ExpressVPN, NordVPN, etc.)
2023-03-02 09:10:04

Berrrerrttttder wrote

@Kevin_Z 

any luck on ax6000 v1 final version? How long is it expected to take still? Beta causing some issues still now and then for me so would like the final one.

Hi @Berrrerrttttder, thanks for asking.

I just replied to Bhjs77 minutes ago, please check:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/579042?replyId=1184376

Options
2023-03-02 16:25:44

@Kevin_Z 

i see and i see his response and I reply the same. I don't see any new firmware version? Can you post it here?

Options
2023-03-03 06:34:29

Berrrerrttttder wrote

@Kevin_Z 

i see and i see his response and I reply the same. I don't see any new firmware version? Can you post it here?

@Berrrerrttttder No, I'm sorry. I cannot get the official firmware before the official release. As I can confirm, it is in the publishing process, you can check for updates regularly and you should be able to detect it maybe next week.

Options
2023-03-05 16:36:20

@Kevin_Z 
Will a Archer C7 have any chance to support VPN Client in the futur?

I bought a tp-link thinking they were all able to do so....  i really hope you say yes .

Options
Re:How to Connect TP-Link Router to a third-party VPN Provider (For ExpressVPN, NordVPN, etc.)-Solution
2023-03-06 08:28:52 - last edited 2023-03-06 08:28:59

@Berrrerrttttder  @Bhjs77 

I'm happy to notify you that the official release for the Archer AX6000 V1 has been released recently. Please check for the updates on your router web GUI and the Tether App to install the latest official version.

You may also refer to the below thread to get more details about this official release:

Official Firmware of VPN Client for Archer AX11000/AX6000 V1 is available

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-03-08 19:31:45

@Kevin_Z I am delighted by this news!

I've successfully updated my AX6000 router with the firmware and configured an OpenVPN client to NordVPN.

However my internet default gateway continues to route via the WAN interface, rather than the VPN.

Is it possible to reconfigure the default gateway to use the VPN?

Options
2023-03-09 10:49:46

Glen44 wrote

@Kevin_Z I am delighted by this news!

I've successfully updated my AX6000 router with the firmware and configured an OpenVPN client to NordVPN.

However my internet default gateway continues to route via the WAN interface, rather than the VPN.

Is it possible to reconfigure the default gateway to use the VPN?

Hello @Glen44 

Have you added this specific device to the VPN Client list as stated in the following article? And please ensure the VPN Access for it is enabled:

How to install a VPN on TP-Link Wi-Fi Router(For expressVPN,nordvpn, etc)

Options
2023-03-18 10:41:31

@Kevin_Z Hoping that AX3000 (Archer AX50) will have VPN Client capability soon. Please keep me posted, thanks! smiley

Options
2023-03-20 07:02:27

@Linkalot 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community to request the VPN Client feature for Archer AX50.

You may pay close attention to the router web GUI or your Tether App to check for updates, and check the following link when there is any new model that has been added to the list. I will also update the thread once there are new models that support VPN Client:

Product List for Routers that support VPN Client

Options