Main Deco frequently disconnects from the Internet under Spectrum service

Main Deco frequently disconnects from the Internet under Spectrum service

16 Reply
Re:[Solution] Main Deco frequently disconnects from the Internet under Spectrum service
2021-08-24 08:11:38

@TP-Link 

Hi, Here are my answers:

1. The main Deco keeps blinking red and only power cycling the main Deco or unplugging/plugging the Ethernet cable from the  Virgin modem, the internet connection is restored.

It seems to be only the satellite Decos and not the main one.

2. You have confirmed with Virgin and the internet connection on their end has no problem at all.

Confirmed

3.How often did this issue repeat?

Several times a day

4.What is the model number of the Virgin media modem?

HUB 2 / TG3492LG-VMIE

Many thanks

Options
Re:[Solution] Main Deco frequently disconnects from the Internet under Spectrum service
2021-08-25 03:06:46

@Kym 

Hi, while if it Is only the satellite Deco, the case would be a little different.

Could you please help me check the following details as well:

1.Since there are 2*satellite X20s, did both of them have the same issue?

2. Are both satellite Deco X20s wirelessly connected to the main Deco?

3. Would satellite Deco disconnect from main Deco even next to the man unit?

Options
2021-08-25 07:35:18

@TP-Link 

Hi,

Yes, they both have the same issue. One is connected wirelessly to the main unit, whilst the other is wired. It doesn't matter where placed, the issue is the same.

Options
2021-08-26 01:30:36

@Kym 

Thanks for the update.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers and please have a check of your email box.

Options
Re:[Solution] Main Deco frequently disconnects from the Internet Movistar FO modem
2023-05-12 12:13:34

@TP-Link My Deco XE75 Pro keeps disconnecting from the FO modem every night. Rebooting does work very often as well so I disconnect the unit entirely wait for a minute or so and plug back again. I have seen this new Beta firmware fix but the XE75 is not included as covered by solution. What can I do to fix the issue? Thanks for your help

Options
Re:[Solution] Main Deco frequently disconnects from the Internet Movistar FO modem
2023-05-15 07:18:57

@FranGuz 

Hi, welcome to the community.

It would be highly appreciated if you could start a new thread here with the following details:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/edit/topic?moduleId=39

Would the main Deco XE75 pro turn solid red during the disconnection?

When the main Deco dropped the connection if we temporarily unplug it from the ISP modem, then test the modem with a laptop. Will the laptop be able to get the internet service?

If it was always on a fixed time period, I was wondering whether the Provider Movistar was on maintenance.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options