Votes

WAN/LAN auto-sensing

Votes

WAN/LAN auto-sensing

207 Reply
Re:WAN/LAN auto-sensing
2023-02-28 17:27:26

@Gaby49  have deco m4, same problem, new firmware has no solution of this problem, TP link products never more, waste your moneyangryangryangry

Options
RE:WAN/LAN auto-sensing
2023-02-28 20:30:05
Please give an advanced option to force port 1 to be the WAN port. This would be so helpful to all of us.
Options
2023-03-17 18:47:09
Needs an advanced function option to lock the WAN Port
Options
2023-03-17 18:48:53
Agreed. Didn't even know this was a problem until my internet went down and I was like, "no problem, my Plex server is local. Family movie night is still good to go!" LOL, no it wasn't.
Options
2023-03-18 19:06:18

@TP-Link 

Just had this issue myself. I was troubleshooting an internet outage and almost came to the conclusion that the main Deco's Ethernet interface had somehow exploded and taken my modem *and* my PC with it! At least I had a spare router to swap in and determine that this was not the case, which led me to Google and this thread. That spare router is now going to be the main router, and the Deco is being switched to AP mode, because this is unacceptable.

Deco X55, latest firmware. March 2023. Still NOT fixed. How?

There's no other router in the world that works like this, and there have been so many posts in this thread and others about people's entire home automation and/or media servers going down because of this problem. How is this not a priority to fix, especially when the solution is as simple as adding a configuration option to the UI? Absurd.

As others have said, this is losing you customers. When seeing such a glaring issue like this and especially seeing your complete failure to address it for months and months, people are just going to stop using your products.

Options
2023-03-18 20:27:48
Well said @Grud!!!  I hope people read this thread and see TP's complete disregard (for a full year) of customer complaints BEFORE their upcoming next gen product launch.  Wishing them complete failure!
Options
2023-03-18 23:55:08 - last edited 2023-03-18 23:56:05

David-TP wrote

@mirdragon 

Hi, For Deco X50/X55 V1, it might be good news that the latest firmware 1.2.0 has optimized this working mode. Deco will not reselect the wan/lan port until the Ethernet WAN cable is re-plugged.

Best regards.

@David-TP This is a pointless mitigation. The first troubleshooting step for loss of internet, is re-plugging the WAN cable, or power cycling the router. This kicks it straight back into WAN sensing mode and we have the problem all over again. Just allow the user to manually set a fixed WAN port in the settings! It's that simple.

Options
2023-03-21 14:06:00
Everytime my internet goes down, my local devices loose connection between each other. This needs to be fixed ASAP.
Options
2023-03-21 14:06:00
Everytime my internet goes down, my local devices loose connection between each other. This needs to be fixed ASAP.
Options
2023-03-21 14:45:45

Grud wrote

David-TP wrote

@mirdragon 

Hi, For Deco X50/X55 V1, it might be good news that the latest firmware 1.2.0 has optimized this working mode. Deco will not reselect the wan/lan port until the Ethernet WAN cable is re-plugged.

Best regards.

@David-TP This is a pointless mitigation. The first troubleshooting step for loss of internet, is re-plugging the WAN cable, or power cycling the router. This kicks it straight back into WAN sensing mode and we have the problem all over again. Just allow the user to manually set a fixed WAN port in the settings! It's that simple.

@Grud 
That is very true. Troubleshooting 101 :(
As pointed out by @GaryParr almost ONE YEAR ago... port selection code is already implemented for IPTV functionality.
Just copy/paste this code and use it to WAN port selection... cmon TP-LINK!

Options

Voters 108

+ 104 Voters