Votes

WAN/LAN auto-sensing

Votes

WAN/LAN auto-sensing

201 Reply
Re:WAN/LAN auto-sensing
2023-04-23 13:45:55 - last edited 2023-04-23 14:53:04

@TP-Link I had to re-install my opnsense router and configure the deco's as AP mode to prevent this situation. There are still issues with the deco's that unlike any other router or mesh system that have built in optimisation to fix network issues, the deco's do not - they also don't constantly check radar frequencies to ensure they are not interfering. I've had to change the bandwidth used on mine because of this issue.

I don't think I would buy another TP-Link system after all these issues, and have even thought about going back to my ISP's FritzBox and getting their extender to go with it. Does mean I lose Wifi 6 and AX speeds but would be more reliable

I've also requested a full refund from Amazon as we've been waiting for the fix for a while and as it is not forthcoming then it's not actually fit for the purpose it was purchased for.

Options
RE:WAN/LAN auto-sensing
2023-04-26 01:03:35
I cant believe this is still a problem
Options
2023-04-26 10:00:59

@Slyleron

Hi, welcome to the community.

So far this feature request has been accepted and It is planned to add an option to fix the WAN port on Deco APP.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-27 06:51:34

@David-TP This is very good news.

Is there a forecast date and a target version number, please?

Options
2023-04-27 06:58:18 - last edited 2023-04-27 06:59:09

@gilg57 took them a few years to accept this issue so fingers crossed we'll see any fix coming this year. Even then, we'll have to see what they actually implement. It might be something else altogether lol

Options
2023-04-27 10:41:56

@TP-Link @David-TP 

I've returned my X50 due ti the overall limitations of the system, bring back the good old days where you could fully configure the hardware via a pc.

Options
2023-04-27 12:50:49

@TP-Link 

Ok, so I've given up waiting - I've email the UK MD for TP-Link in the faint hope that generates some interest and action. I have refereed to this thread showing the level of dissatisfaction that this stupid design decision has caused - and to show how much distain the lack of response/action is generating for TP-Link customers (and ex-customers).

anyone interested in doing the same - I found him through LinkedIn - and have had as much response that route as through this forum.

:(

Options
2023-04-27 13:20:58

@MarkRound you could also do what i've done and returned the product, in UK the device has to be fit for the purpose it was purchased for and in its current state it is not. I mentioned this to Amazon that I believe TP-Link have had adequate time to resolve seeing this has been ongoing for 2 years and that normal network security/configuration is behind a paywall on top of the fee of the product then it is not actually fit for the purpose of being a router and requested a full refund.

This might make TP-Link listen but if they do when will the resolve...

Options
2023-05-09 07:14:32

@TP-Link 

Are you actually telling me that this issue is ongoing since Aug 2021!!!!!?????!!!!!!

I was just about to buy a pair of mesh routers. lucky I came across this post!

Options
2023-05-21 02:18:57

@lazymechanic return them my friend. Run as far and fast as you can away from any tplink product. 

Options

Voters 101

+ 97 Voters