Votes

WAN/LAN auto-sensing

Votes

WAN/LAN auto-sensing

201 Reply
Re:WAN/LAN auto-sensing
2022-05-21 10:04:04

@TP-Link This is a major issue! We need access to our wired LANs while we are offline! Fix this immediately!

Options
2022-05-29 12:07:36

@TP-Link 

I need to use my DECO in Router mode for the DHCP server.. I also need a LAN port active to distribute IP over RJ45.  This router will not be connected to the internet during its intended use.

I did not think to check whether a LAN port would work if there was nothing connected to WAN.. because it is such a fundementally basic function that exists in every router  known to mankind.   Have i wasted money on your product? I was actually thinking of changing over my home network to a mesh DECO network.. Unless this is addressed immediately i will not be.

@TPlink can you confirm that this is still the case?  That i cannot use LAN without WAN.

Thanks

Options
2022-06-13 02:52:42

@TP-Link  I just spent many hours with Ethernet issue.  I discovered after a while that things failed if I plugged in a cable to the main unit. I now read this is a known issue that you are not addressing..  Please do so!. I did make changes to my network and moved my router when I got a new internet provider. This very unprofessional on the part of tplink.  I now question if I made the right choice on using this mesh network and I can no long suggest it to others if this issue is not resolved. 

Options
2022-07-08 01:05:16

@TP-Link Seriously, how is that even a feature for consideration? It can't be a setup that passed quality control to go into release for consumers.

It has to be addressed ASAP!

Options
2022-07-10 10:55:23

@TP-Link Does this WAN/LAN auto-sensing only effect ethernet connections? I ask because every time I lose internet connectivity on my M5s I lose 'all' LAN connections - wired as well as wifi.

I understand the 'feature' (and totally disagree with your method) and how it would prevent ethernet connections but is there some sort of direct link between the LAN port and the wifi ability?

Whenever the internet connection goes down none of my TVs (with nVidia Shields and connected HDDs) can access my stored media via wifi.

Options
2022-07-31 23:27:49

@TP-Link I purchased the Deco M5's to expand my Christmas display in my yard. The devices down stream of the Deco's are relatively low speed (in ethernet terms at least) and spread over about 1000 sq meters of my yard. Most are in a master/puppet relationship with pre-programed sequences triggered by the master. The RF devices are on a frequency that does not conflict with WiFi. I am a Comcast customer. It is not unuasual for the Internet to drop out during the night as my display runs. If you tell me I can not simply use the eithernet ports on both Decos to drive switches (my only use case) then I still have the boxes and can replace them with another brand of mesh router that will work. If it did work then I could span a single IP address range between the two Decos simplifying my programing of devices down stream.

Options
2022-08-02 11:49:26

@bitelf 

Hi, Thanks for sharing with us.

WAN/LAN auto-sensing would only affect the Ethernet connection of the main Deco M5, and satellite M5 would still work well.

If you do want to fix the WAN port on the main Deco, please refer to the suggestions in the private message.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-05 09:25:31

@TP-Link Have just come across this thread after running into this issue during an internet disruption with my Deco M5. I honestly can't believe this isn't a supported feature and is highly annoying, especially whilst I was trying to figure out what was going on!

Please add this as a standard feature! Does this apply to all Deco models, or just the M5?

Options
2022-08-05 09:50:42

@Ludacrus 

IKR

All tplink products are a waste of money now.  Never again-  this company is dead to me

Imagine making a router that doesnt work properly and calling it a "feature".  Epic fail

Options
2022-08-06 22:50:43 - last edited 2022-08-06 22:57:27

@David-TP 

I'm on my third day without internet (fiber snapped and i'm waiting for the ISP to fix it).

The first couple of days I didn't have any problems since I was just working with a wireless hotspot and could still access all of my network devices...

Today I see that for some reason, all my wired devices aren't getting an IP... My NAS is down, my NVR with 16 IP cameras are down... everything is useless and I just learned the reason is some dumb auto-sensing feature cannot be disabled on the main deco?!? I have the main switch connected to that deco, I never thought doing that would cause so much grief.

I cannot believe I have recommended these devices so much... not anymore, and i'm getting rid and replacing my devices as soon as possible.

https://imgur.com/a/NvCImcU

Never buying tp-link devices ever again.

Options

Voters 101

+ 97 Voters