Votes

WAN/LAN auto-sensing

Votes

WAN/LAN auto-sensing

207 Reply
RE:WAN/LAN auto-sensing
2022-12-26 14:08:24
Just running into this same problem this week. This needs to be fixed to allow the option to manually select the WAN/LAN ports
Options
Re:WAN/LAN auto-sensing
2023-01-05 11:25:16

@TP-Link running into this problem with a very long internet outage today, was really surprised to find TP-Link lacks the very basic functionality of having a dedicated WAN port, and would never have bought the mesh if I knew this at the time.

This effectively means for the duration of any internet outage I have no access to my wired devices (which are obviously wired for a reason).

This is pathetic - and I am being kind saying only this.

Options
2023-01-06 19:14:24
This is not a feature but a bug fix - it disrupts normal usage and blocks internet traffic.
Options
2023-01-07 05:30:51
I live in a rural area, and just installed a deco S4 Mesh, (and am hooking up a wired back-haul) the isp often drops. loss if the internet, should not impact/disable the intra-net, (i.e. i should still be able to connect laptop to nas or local server). two seemingly good options previously noted, 1) After auto-sensing, stop polling and lock the Lan port. (on re-cableing, reboot the router), -- although another edgecase is loss of power and no internet after power restored. 2) add a WAN option similar to the current IPTV port selection.
Options
2023-01-07 23:13:08

@TP-Link this is utterly unacceptable. 

I buy standalone routers to run a local wireless network and they are unable to function without a live internet connection! This is a MAJOR defect and a major side sign flaw that renders these product unfit for sale and not or merchantable quality. 

I have no interest in the reason - these devices MUST be able to operate in isolation. Otherwise I want my money back for all 4 of these devices as that are not fit for purpose. losing broadband is NOT a reason for my home automation to fail - that means I lose heating systems

and it is JANUARY!!!!! 

Tplink has known of this issue for at least 2 years. I want dates for an action plan for resolution. 

Options
2023-01-08 13:44:18

@TP-Link 

Hay everyone,

There are more than 50 comments on this thread but only 17 votes, and many more who did not comment or vote.

We must get the attention of the development teams and this can only be done by voting this BUG up 

If you did not vote so far, please press on the 'Votes' icon left to the 'WAN/LAN auto-sensing' title.

Ask your friends to do the same 

Options
2023-01-08 13:58:44
Fix this!
Options
2023-01-08 17:59:12
This is not a feature, this is a MAJOR BUG and a real SHAME for TP-LINK. You can not call your DECO-units "routers" until this bug is fixed. Simply intolerable.
Options
2023-01-09 00:18:38
This is a critical defect.
Options
2023-01-09 08:48:01
The option to choose a dedicated port for WAN leaving the other for LAN should be standard, i.e. get rid of auto sensing or at least give users the option to turn it off if they want to. This is BASIC functionality one would expect on this sort of device.
Options

Voters 109

+ 105 Voters