Deco M5 1.7.4/1.7.6

Deco M5 1.7.4/1.7.6

833 Reply
Re:Deco M5 1.6.1
2022-09-29 04:44:00

David-TP wrote

@Billy_Tan 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Have you noticed the same issue on other mobile devices as well, apart from Redmi Note9 and Mi Note10?

If later the same issue started again, could you please help me check whether you are able to get valid IP addresses on these devices, and would they show up online on the Deco APP?

And have you added any MAC addresses in the Deny list on the APP? 

It is also suggested to check whether you have configured some parental control rules, especially Bedtime settings on these two devices.

Thank you very much.

@David-TP 

we don't have many mobile phone at my home, so far happaned to mine and my wife. 

Will check for the IP address if it happen again.

i have not setup any parental control nor blacklist any device or mac address

Options
2022-09-30 00:32:01

@TP-Link 

I'm having issues since the update to version 1.6.1.

After the system is running for 1-2 days all clients will show up as offline in the Deco app (either stable or beta version).

After this begins to happens the reboot from the app won't work successfully and I am unable to log in on the Deco web interface as the login request always times-out.

The devices connected to the network continue to have access to Internet or the LAN but the overall .

The only way I can get the system working properly again is to power cycle the main Deco node, but the problem appears to reoccur after some time.

Options
2022-09-30 01:01:52

sp33dyy00 wrote

@TP-Link 

I'm having issues since the update to version 1.6.1.

After the system is running for 1-2 days all clients will show up as offline in the Deco app (either stable or beta version).

After this begins to happens the reboot from the app won't work successfully and I am unable to log in on the Deco web interface as the login request always times-out.

The devices connected to the network continue to have access to Internet or the LAN but the overall .

The only way I can get the system working properly again is to power cycle the main Deco node, but the problem appears to reoccur after some time.

@sp33dyy00 

happen to mine also, but not all clients were offline, just my wife's phone and mine. i tried reboot all my Decos via Deco Apps and the reboot did not reboot properly.

i have to reboot the Decos manually by unplug the power and plug it in again.

Regards,

Options
2022-09-30 07:15:00

@Billy_Tan 

Hi, Combining your first feedback about the random MAC address, were you trying to say,

Redmi Note 9 Pro +Mi Note 10 were connected to WiFi but have no internet. After enabling randomized MAC address, they could have internet again but they showed up offline on the Deco APP until a manual reboot of Deco by unplugging the power and plugging it in again?

Were you able to log into the web UI of Deco via 192.168.68.1 or tplinkdeco.net at this moment?

@sp33dyy00 

Were you able to submit the Deco APP log to me: 

And could you please also save me some screenshots that all the devices are offline?

As both of you mentioned rebooting via Deco APP did not work properly, do you mean "Reboot all" on the Deco App never finished and always got stuck in a certain percentage?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-09-30 08:39:28 - last edited 2022-09-30 08:43:19

David-TP wrote

@Billy_Tan 

Hi, Combining your first feedback about the random MAC address, were you trying to say,

Redmi Note 9 Pro +Mi Note 10 were connected to WiFi but have no internet. After enabling randomized MAC address, they could have internet again but they showed up offline on the Deco APP until a manual reboot of Deco by unplugging the power and plugging it in again?

Were you able to log into the web UI of Deco via 192.168.68.1 or tplinkdeco.net at this moment?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Hi @David-TP ,

Redmi Note 9 Pro +Mi Note 10 were connected to WiFi but have no internet

--> Correct

After enabling randomized MAC address, they could have internet again

--> correct

but they showed up offline on the Deco APP until a manual reboot of Deco by unplugging the power and plugging it in again?

--> i think they are offline(i did not check in detail) while there they are in no internet connection state. But i only restart the Decos about 2 days later after the second time my wife's phone has trouble connected to internet again. When this happened, i was away, i tried reboot from the Deco's app, but it seems stuck and no progress for a while. after sometimes, i asked my wife at home to reboot the Decos manually, and it fixed the issues.

As both of you mentioned rebooting via Deco APP did not work properly, do you mean "Reboot all" on the Deco App never finished and always got stuck in a certain percentage?

--> Yes, reboot all. While rebooting, my phone got to sleep mode and i did not track the percentage, but when i open the Apps again, it only show one device online, my Mibox which connected via wire to my second deco, but it just that, i could not click on anything else, it stuck there.

Regards,

Ali Tan

Options
2022-09-30 09:40:49

@David-TP yes I did submit the feedback from the Deco app.

In regards to the reboot I had tried to do the reboot all on the app and the system never got stable again.

This time however I was able to reboot it using the app.

Options
2022-10-02 19:08:19

After update to 1.6.1 on my Deco m5 still got disconnects. Other than that on my Samsung s22 mobile phone got warning that devise is connected only to mobile internet, but it was connected to Wi-Fi at the same time. Downgraded 2 of my Deco m5 to 1.5.7, will wait for a better release. Only the first beta firmware from 2021 was without issues on my devices. 

Options
2022-10-04 07:49:35

@Kokw @David-TP is there any easy wat to downgrade to 1.5.7? 

thank you. 

Options
2022-10-04 14:54:29

@JanRekenaar 

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2958/

Options
2022-10-04 20:34:17

@David-TP  I installed 1.6.1 on my 3 Deco M5. It has not fixed the clientlist bug. Clients appear offline, while they are online. I rebooted all deco's after installation of 1.6.1 and the problem is still there. 

Options