How to make iPhone automatically switch to the strongest wifi between router and Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to make iPhone automatically switch to the strongest wifi between router and Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-29 06:34:38
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 74289

I stay at a three stories house, first floor (ground floor) is using TP Link Router Archer C6, second and third floor are using Deco M4, each floor/ pcs. The problem is when I walk from second/ third floor to the first floor (ground floor), the wifi will stay connected to the Deco M4 instead of auto change me connect to the TP Link Router wifi. Same situation when I go up to second/ third floor, but the wifi still stay connected to the TP Link Router. 

May I know anything I can do to my iPhone to change the wifi automatically?

P/s: TP Link Router wifi name and Deco M4 are different.

Is it if I make both wifi name same then it will switch to the strongest wifi automatically?

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to make iPhone automatically switch to the strongest wifi between router and Deco M4
2021-08-29 14:45:15

@Xixin 

You have two separate WiFi networks in this house: one from TP-Link Archer, another from Deco mesh (two M4). It does not matter if you will use same or different SSID for them, iPhone will treat them as different networks.

Smartphone (any smartphone) will switch between different networks only when signal from the current network becomes weak.

In your case, you have two more or less simple options:

1. Turn off 2.4GHz in TP-Link Archer and in Deco mesh. WiFi 5GHz signal is weaker, and that will force your iPhone switch networks sooner;

or

2. Get yourself one more Deco unit, that could be M4 or M5. Add it to house Deco mesh, which will now become three Deco units mesh. Bring new Deco unit to where TP-Link Archer is and connect it to Archer with short Ethernet cable. Turn off WiFi in TP-Link Archer.

You now have all house covered my just one WiFi network, which is from Deco mesh. You iPhone should migrate to nearest Deco faster, because Deco mesh can communicate with iPhone and provide it with optimal Deco unit to connect to.

Options
Re:How to make iPhone automatically switch to the strongest wifi between router and Deco M4
2021-08-29 14:50:35

@Alexandre. understand, thanks for your help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1174

Replies: 2

Related Articles