Slave router doesn’t connect to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slave router doesn’t connect to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
29 Reply
Re:Slave router doesn’t connect to internet
2021-09-05 01:09:30

@terziyski 

Enabled the DHCP relay, Restarted the slave router.
Here's the results: 

Options
2021-09-05 01:31:05

However, I'm still facing the same issue: whenever i connect to the master then reconnect to the slave i have to wait for 3 to 5 minutes to get internet access. 

Here's the ping status while I'm facing this issue: (this time I'm using a different computer) 

Options
2021-09-05 12:55:43

@Errefae 

I assume that 192.168.1.198 is the LAN IP address of the slave router ?

The last two screenshots are made when you're connected to the slave's SSID right ?

You don't have connection to the master router (192.168.1.1) when pinging it - hence the lack of Internet access.

That's odd, because you're receiving an IP address (192.168.1.5) from the master router DHCP server and can ping the slave router (to which you're connected), but not the master. According to your description after 3-5 min this resolves by itself.

Can you try to use another ethernet cable between routers to test if any difference (if you have a shorter cable, just place devices closer to each other for the test).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-09-05 21:51:09

@terziyski 

Everything you mentioned above is correct. 

I connected them now with the ethernet cable that comes in the box. Unfortunately I'm facing the same issue. 

Options
2021-09-06 11:47:07

What should I do now? 

Options
2021-09-06 12:51:33

@Errefae 

You can browse the devices' logs to see if there's anything related to this issue, that could lead you to the root cause.

Try to test with another device (if you have an old router around or can borrow one for the test) in place of the slave router.

That way you can isolate the issue to the master or the slave device:

1.If the issue persists then the issue is with the master router.

2.If the issue is gone then the issue was with the slave router.

The other thing you could do is to contact support@tp-link.com and ask for assistance.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-09-06 15:56:47

@terziyski 

Alright.

What is the devices' logs? 

Options
2021-09-06 17:28:58

@terziyski 
I have tried an access point and it worked perfectly. 
So the problem is with the slave router. 

Options
2021-09-06 18:36:14

@Errefae 

What device did you try with ?

Yes, the slave router (VR600) configuration should be manual access point mode - Case 2, but for some reason it doesn't work for you as expected.

If you have tested with a dedicated AP mode device and it works, then the slave router is the culprit, although if there's no dedicated AP mode the manulal (Case 2) should work as well.

Options
2021-09-06 18:56:54

@terziyski 

I don't understand what do you mean by "Case 2"

I made this TP-Link device the slave router: TL-MR3020

Options
Related Articles