TP-LINK Archer T2E Keeps Reverting to Realtek Driver & Disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-09 00:10:14 - last edited 2022-01-16 08:26:26

Hi guys, 

I purchased an Archer T2E (Archer T2E | AC600 Wireless Dual Band PCI Express Adapter | TP-Link Australia)
Yesterday and it keeps dropping out every few hours.

Everytime it's stopped working I check Device Manager and the TP-Link Adapter has changed itself to a Realtek adapter (with a driver from 2008?) I have tried disabling Hardware Driver updates from Windows, Changing my Group Policy to disable Driver updates and even stopping the Windows Update Service. I'm honestly not sure what is happening, all I know is that everytime it stops it becomes a Realtek Device instead of saying "TP-Link Wireless Adapter"

To get it working again I have to uninstall the Realtek device, Restart the machine and then re-install the driver from the TP-Link Support page.

This is for a work machine and it's causing a lot of problems at the moment, any advice would be appreciated or should I just take it back and get another brand?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-LINK Archer T2E Keeps Reverting to Realtek Driver & Disconnecting -Solution
2022-01-02 15:51:15 - last edited 2022-01-16 08:26:26

@OJ92 Well, I just want to reply with some positive outcome - what I did is I placed adapter in the other PCI-E slot and it worked without any issue so far,

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:TP-LINK Archer T2E Keeps Reverting to Realtek Driver & Disconnecting
2021-09-11 01:37:41

Anyone? Getting pretty urgent now. 

Options
2021-09-17 12:41:55

Anyway after receiving 0 support / fixes from here and the live chat I replaced the adapter with a D-Link model. No issues so far.

We were looking to purchase around 1100 various TP-Link Access Points, Switches & Routers for our offices nationwide but based on this compatibility & level of support we have advised our service provider to offer us another quote with Ubiquiti products. Funny how this seemingly minor issue has caused us to rethink purchasing over half a million dollars of TP-Link gear.

Options
2021-09-18 03:24:51 - last edited 2021-09-18 03:26:20

Hello @OJ92 , 

Thank you for being interested in TP-Link products, it's a pity we failed to notice your case in first time, the moderators are active and monitoring the forum, but we might not be able to respond in a timely manner.  For any urgent help, you could try to contact our local support via hotline or email from here: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Your understanding is much appreciated!

In case other users met the same issue,  if Windows keep using the auto-detected driver, please try a different PCI slot for adapter (Windows will try to scan driver when detect a new hardware) Try to stop Windows from doing automatic driver updates like below and see if that helps:  (Control Panel > System & Security > Advanced System Settings > Hardware > Device Installation Settings. Then choose ‘No ,your device might not work as expected').

Best Regards

Options
2021-12-18 15:45:59 - last edited 2021-12-18 15:50:57

I'd like also to emphasize a lack of compatibility with a new build of win10 (21H2 build). I also purchased T2E a month ago to this date I can't get a stable connection to it. Both drivers given from TP-Link official page are unstable.

The symptoms are the similar as @OJ92 described above: - Random connection drops after few hours (with TP-Link drivers - both tested).

P.S, I'm currently testing a generic Realtek driver provided from Microsoft - it seems a little bit stable. I'll keep you posted.

P.S.S. I also believe that this and related issue(s) has been akcnowledged by devs and that there's a workaround (Hotfix patch) ready to be dispatched in the comming days/weeks by official TP-Link.

Best regards, Mattheus

Options
2021-12-19 20:04:12 - last edited 2021-12-19 20:05:01

@OJ92 So i tested with a Realtek driver as well - no luck either.

Shame...

Options
2021-12-20 06:53:48

@Mattheus Yeah I gave up and returned it, got another brand and had no issues since.

Options
2021-12-28 11:56:26

@Mattheus 

Thank you for your feedback, currently there's any known issue for T2E and Windows 10 (21H2 build), If adapter works unstable: 

• Try a different WiFi channel on main router & and set WiFi channel width  to 20Mhz (for 2.4Ghz) , 40Mhz ( for 5Ghz) 
  • Disable Band- steering or roaming feature on router if there is any. 

If the same issue happens, can you help confirm some details here to isolate the issue: 

1. does the issue happen particularly on 2.4/ 5Ghz WiFi band?
2. When the connection lost, was the Wi-Fi still connected but no internet / completely disconnected/ reports any error? 

3. How does the connection recover e.g. disconnect for 30 secs and reconnect by itself 
4. What is the model number of your Wi-Fi router? 
5. Please send us a photo of the driver version and computer system information as FAQ here : https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2722/

By the way, does this happen after Windows update, or it nenver works on your Windows computer before. 
Thank you in advance for confirming details. 

Options
Re:TP-LINK Archer T2E Keeps Reverting to Realtek Driver & Disconnecting -Solution
2022-01-02 15:51:15 - last edited 2022-01-16 08:26:26

@OJ92 Well, I just want to reply with some positive outcome - what I did is I placed adapter in the other PCI-E slot and it worked without any issue so far,

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3138

Replies: 8