Archer A5 (AC1200) Keeps losing Internet randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-21 10:01:38
Model: Archer A5  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 0.2 v0093.0 Build 190125 Rel.63783n(4555)

Hello friends!

Few months ago I bought the Archer A5 router and since then it has been working flawlessly but...

Every now and then the router suddenly drops connection and has no SSID, no ethernet (cable) connection. Even the administration cannot be accessed via direct cable.

The solution  every time is ot restart the router and it starts working again. Then after few days it drops at random time and random moment the whole connection to it (and to Internet).

The Router is connected with ethernet cable to my ISP provider with a bridged port. This is the second cable I am using with no change and the ISP told me that they have no issues on their side. I might believe them because when the router stops working the main wifi SSID of the ISP router is still working and having Internet connection.

I do not know what to do since I see no overheating or any other drops or connection issues besides the one above.

I am attaching a log so you can see if there is anything wrong there.

Other settings on the Archer - 2 reserved DHCP addresses for my PC and laptop and no other settings.

Link is safe, just TXT log :) - https://1drv.ms/t/s!AoNN-Ex3xFLag-BmyBXwX-Ad3RTmUA?e=rO7CEu

Let me know what to do and test to see if the problem will continue.

Thanks in advance!!!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer A5 (AC1200) Keeps losing Internet randomly
2021-09-21 17:25:30

@martinst 

Follow this thread to see if any of the suggestions might help with your issue.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-09-22 07:07:41

@terziyski 

Thanks for that! I red the thread and I can only sed schedule restart and try testing these days.

But router seems not to reboot itself but just dropping all Internet coming to it.. in my case at least.

Options
2021-09-22 08:24:53

@martinst 

Then look at this thread and see if suggested actions would be more relevant in your case.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 929

Replies: 3

Related Articles