TL-MR3220 takes a long time to recognize 3g modem and sometimes says unplugged

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-MR3220 takes a long time to recognize 3g modem and sometimes says unplugged

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
I found a weird solution. but works awesome for me
2015-01-03 00:43:46
Ok well in my case the setup is at my farmhouse which is at a remote location.. where I use the dongle with the TL-MR3220 to view my cctv cameras
and since its not possible to physically restart the router everytime , I devised a solution that involves a timer relay. ;)
I used a 12vDC timer relay which gives me option of setting 16 on/off functions per day.
So I connected power supply via the timer relay (to the NC of the relay) and programmed it to switch on for 1 min every 3 hours. So when the relay of the timer switches to on state (NO) the router switches off for a min and then starts again .
If ever I lose the connection in between the 3 hrs span , I would only not have internet till the next restart. :D
Options
Re:TL-MR3220 takes a long time to recognize 3g modem and sometimes says unplugged
2015-02-01 19:35:50
Hi was having the same unplugged issue when operating in 4g mode (no problem with 3g} and the USB Y cable sorted it
Options
Re:TL-MR3220 takes a long time to recognize 3g modem and sometimes says unplugged
2015-02-13 23:41:48
I have same problem but with 3272 hilink modem.
I use 2A power supply.
Got lots of DC (unplugged) any have only one option. Power of modem and router and power on. Modem without mr3220 wok ok and no problem with him.
Ps. Sry for my ENG
Options
Same problem with TL MR3040 V2
2015-09-16 20:12:15
The problem seems to signal strength of the ISP in particular are. But I am also I am confused as to how a computer can handle it so efficiently while router gives this kind of problems. TPLINK should look into this and solve this for us. I am very much annoyed with this problem.
Options
2015-09-17 17:09:07
I had the same problem after the USB connector in the router became la bit oose after much plugging and unplugging of the USB modem. A friend gave me his brand new 3420 and I don't have this problem anymore.

MITH wrote

The problem seems to signal strength of the ISP in particular are. But I am also I am confused as to how a computer can handle it so efficiently while router gives this kind of problems. TPLINK should look into this and solve this for us. I am very much annoyed with this problem.
Options