Can I use TP-Link TL-WPA281 as wireless repeater with TL-PA211 powerline?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-06-27 09:40:50
Region : Australia

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I've currently got a TL-PA211 Powerline setup, one unit connected to my router in the bedroom and the other unit in the lounge connected to the TV. They're working fine and have no issues.

I've want to get the TL-WPA281 300Mbps AV200 Wireless N Powerline Extender and want to add that into the powerline mix to extend my router( Netgear DGND4000) wireless coverage.

My main question is can I plug it in on it's own to a socket where there is wifi signal and it will extend the signal

I'm a bit new to powerline and wireless extending/repeating so if I need to give more info let me know.

Cheers!
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can I use TP-Link TL-WPA281 as wireless repeater with TL-PA211 powerline?
2013-07-01 17:10:43
You can use TL-WAP281 together with TL-PA211. However, TL-WPA281 is a separate WIFI device from the main router to supply the signal to end clients. However, it needs to talk to the main PA211 connected to the router to get the Internet. You can change the WIFI name and passwordas you like. After that you can put the TL-WPA281 to any wall socket in your house.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 797

Replies: 1