Range Extenders Support OneMesh/EasyMesh in AP Mode

Votes

Range Extenders Support OneMesh/EasyMesh in AP Mode

225 Reply
Re:[Range Extender] OneMesh Supports Ethernet Backhaul
2021-12-30 18:47:58 - last edited 2022-10-27 08:21:35

@Solla-topee 

AX73/AX5400

I agree with all other OneMesh users.  Ethernet backhaul support is absolutely critical for mesh functionality, performance, and reliability.  As others have stated, it's dubious to suggest TP Link customers invest in OneMesh range extenders to resolve limitations in their existing wifi network whilst insisting that OneMesh products be restricted to wireless (or unreliable powerline) backhaul.  This policy will hurt OneMesh adoption in the long term and TP Link's reputation and market share overall.  For the sake of TP Link and its customers, please urge management to help promote OneMesh by providing support for wired ethernet backhaul across all OneMesh products.

Thanks!

Options
2022-01-05 03:55:41 - last edited 2022-10-27 08:21:35

@Solla-topee 

Yes please. We run an AX6000 paired with an RE505X V1.

As like a few others on here, I purchased the RE505X also thinking that it supported Ethernet backhaul. It still works for me, but updating it to support backhaul would help it work that much better! I don't use a mesh system because I really value the USB media server abilities of the AX6000. 

Options
2022-01-05 08:26:17 - last edited 2022-10-27 08:21:35

@Solla-topee I bought a router with an extender Backhaul in mind, was disappointed. On a web page was information about OneMesh support and 0 about the luck of this future on eternet, I'm disappointed and irritated. In my humble opinion, it just has to be there. But you have to sell deco...

Options
2022-01-25 13:32:44 - last edited 2022-10-27 08:21:35

@Solla-topee 

As like many others, I also bought these products assuming this feature was available.  

Router:

Archer AX20

Extender:

RE605X(US)  Ver:1.8

Please seriously consider this feature.  I would prefer for my extender to be located farther from the router than it is but cant get a strong enough wireless signal.

Thanks,

Josh

Options
2022-02-01 18:09:53 - last edited 2022-10-27 08:21:35

@Solla-topee 

Router: Archer AX55

Extender: 3x RE605X

Lack of Ethernet Backhaul is such a waste of great possibility.

Please implement it! 

Edit: I also have two switches TL-SG1005D, but that doesn't matter in this case.

Options
2022-02-10 13:39:09 - last edited 2022-10-27 08:21:35

I tried to connect with a cable RE605X and AX73, which make up my OneMesh network.

The wired backhaul actually works in such simple configurations!

Perhaps, in the presence of broadcast traffic, a network storm will appear.

Until I have not watch it.

So there is an opportunity to add official support for a wired backhful.

That this has not yet been done is a shame.

Options
2022-02-11 18:57:50 - last edited 2022-10-27 08:21:35
AX21 with 2 RE505X access points and would consider adding OneMesh Ethernet Backhaul imperative to the operation of my network. I purchased these under the assumption it would work that way, and it’s too late to return them. I really don’t want to sell these and find a better alternative because I’ve become a fan of tp-link, but this is disappointing
Options
2022-02-14 15:10:46 - last edited 2022-10-27 08:21:35

@Solla-topee 

I'm also disappointed to find out that the RE605X doesn't support ethernet backhaul for OneMesh

Trying to get a OneMesh network setup and functioning with TP-Link hardware is becoming an expensive trial & error process. 

I've recently upgraded to the Archer AX6000 router, which has excellent features for my situation/requirements.

I then went out and bought a pair of DECO M9+s only to find out that i had mistakenly assumed that the Deco Mesh and OneMesh were either part of the same system or at the very least, compatible with each other. 

After discovering my expensive mistake, I'm now stuck with 2 Deco M9+ devices that are of absolutely no use to me, but i went out and bought an RE605X because it was specifically described as being compatible with the AX6000 router and OneMesh with a wired LAN connection, to provide a seamless mesh network. I'm now glad that i only bought one of these mesh, range extenders, because I've now discovered that it doesn't support ethernet backhaul - another expensive mistake on my part. 

There are many obstacles, difficulties and requirements that are severely limiting my options. 

I can't use powerline devices, due to some pretty horrendous electrical configurations and severe electrical instabilities within the property. 

There's already a completely functional wired network throughout the building, to all the areas that i need to establish a seamless mesh wifi.

The Archer AX6000 was chosen for its number of network ports, configurability and features, some of which just aren't included with any of the DECO range.

It's also quite disappointing that although the TP-Link devices include "smart assistant" support, it appears to only be Alexa and some ITTT functionality. Where's the built-in support for the Google assistant? 

Options
2022-02-14 16:34:41 - last edited 2022-10-27 08:21:35

@KrystalineD 

Just try plugging the cable into the extender after setting up the mesh network. Most likely, the cable backhaul will start working. Its worked fine for me.

Options
2022-02-15 21:30:52 - last edited 2022-10-27 08:21:35

@Solla-topee 

Folks - not having ethernet backhaul is completely unacceptable.  What is the point of a range extender that has poor wifi to the AP - your clients connected to the extender then have POOR WIFI as well!!!  IMHO not having this feature is just dumb - you should have thought thorugh your product better.  Folks with large residences and suffer because if this - huge packet loss, terrible service via TP-Link 'onemesh'.  I bought this product thinking it supports backhaul via ethernet, and now totally disappointed.  Please add this feature ASAP. 

Options

Voters 119

+ 115 Voters