IP address not acquired - Ethernet issue only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-08 04:37:41
Model: TL-WPA8630 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 170406 Rel.78322n

Hi,

I have 2 pcs connected to the Ethernet (using a switch) of the extender.

It was working perfectly for a while, and suddenly 1 PC lost its IP and it couldn't get one. I did all tests on the network card on this PC and all seem working although I was not sure how to test if the card works on another network (or router). I will do a test later.

The day after this issue... The 2nd PC had the same issue. Unfortunately this is my work laptop!

I succeeded to connect to the WiFi and it works great. Therefore only the Ethernet side is broken.

I have (Factory) reset the entire TP Link system.

And the result is still the same as above.

Any idea?

Do you know if there is a way to test the Ethernet part? 

How to force it to give me an IP address from the LAN?

Cheers

Options
2 Reply
Re:IP address not acquired - Ethernet issue only
2021-10-09 03:39:45 - last edited 2021-10-09 03:40:21

Hello@C.H ,  Do you have a switch between WPA8630P and 2* PCs? 

If when PC1/ PC2 drops out, WiFi connection of WPA8630P works fine, it could be some issue on the switch. As TL-WPA8630 has 3 Ethernet ports, you may remove the switch for a test and see if that fix the issue. 

You may try to set up a static IP on the desktop, and reserve a fixed IP address on the router for laptop (reserve IP for laptop's Mac on router UI)and see if that helps improve the stability. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/41/

Options
Re:IP address not acquired - Ethernet issue only
2021-10-10 15:28:26
Yes, I have a switch between the extender and the laptops. I will give a try to your suggestions and come back to you asap. Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 497

Replies: 2

Related Articles