TP-Link AC2800

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP-Link AC2800

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP-Link AC2800
TP-Link AC2800
2021-10-08 17:21:23

Does this modem router work with BT broadband Full Fibre 900?

If yes, what setting i should use to cocnnect?

Options
6 Reply
Re:TP-Link AC2800
2021-10-09 06:54:50 - last edited 2021-10-09 07:03:12

@JackS73 

Hi, I checked from the internet, and BT broadband Full Fibre 900 is based on the FTTP service, Archer VR2800( AC2800 is not the modem) is ok with it.

https://www.tp-link.com/au/nbn-compatible-device/ 

(It is suitable for the UK service as well.)

Options
2021-10-09 07:02:57

And I see other users had the same confusion whether TP-Link DSL modem routers work with BT, Virgin, or SKY service.

There is some information for your reference if you happen to have the same issue:

1. For the DSL modem router, like Archer VR2800, Archer VR900, and Archer VR600(Sorry, AC2800 is not the model number), they would work as a DSL modem router or a wireless router. So as long as the internet source is either telephone cable or Ethernet cable, they could work with your ISP.

--No Fiber/Coaxial output is mentioned here which means they could not work directly with the fiber provider without a Fiber/cable modem/ONT.

2. As for the internet connection type, they are capable of dynamic IP, PPPoE, and static IP for IPv4 which is used by most of internet service providers.

--For SKY(MER) users, please pay attention that Archer VR2800/900/600 only support MER service under DSL modem router mode, not wireless router mode.

3. if your internet service required an internet VLAN ID under wireless router mode, please also take it into consideration since some models might support VLAN under DSL modem router mode, but not on wireless router mode, such as Archer VR2600V.

4. Most of the time, when you subscribed to the DSL service, ISP will give you a DSL modem for free and some ISPs might not allow users to use third-party modems. So before you plan to replace your original modem, please confirm with ISP that third-party products are allowed on their service.

So, there is much information that needs to be taken into consideration and if you could not find answers from the above information, we might need more details from your side as well:

---internet source interface:/Ethernet/Fiber or Coaxial cable?

---internet connection type.

---VLAN ID required?

---ISP permission.

It is a little long and Thank you very much for your patience so far.

Options
2021-10-09 12:00:11 - last edited 2021-10-09 12:01:07

@TP-Link 

Hi 

Thank you for replay.

I thought that AC2800 is modem number because of website description when I bought it

''TP-Link AC2800 Dual Band Wireless MU-MIMO Gigabit VDSL/ADSL Modem Router for Phone Line Connections (BT Infinity, TalkTalk, EE and PlusNet Fibre, 2 USB 3.0 Ports, UK Plug (Archer VR2800))''

I contaacted with BT and got back this information:

Please check this :

Connection type: PPPoA (PPPoATM) VCI = 38, VPI = 0

Encapsulation: VCMUX

Modulation: G.DMT RFC: 2364

Network type: WAN (Not LAN) MTU: Auto/Normal 1458 – 1500 (Lower numbers can help if data corruption occurs default is 1500)

QOS: UBR (Unlikely to be CBR/VBR)

The username should be of the format firstname.lastname@btbroadband.com for BTBB customers.

Also no password is required, but if the router insists, uses “bt” as the password.

I tried connect my modem router but without success.

There is Openreach ONT on he wall and modem was connected through lan cable to port 4 (WAN connection) as per manual.

I don't have an option Connection type: PPPoA - there is only PPPoE

I have entered myname.mylastname@btbroadband.com or bthomehub@btbroadband.com as the username and tried BT as the password as well as leaving the password field blank. Unfortunately I still can't get on to the internet. 

Regards

Jack

Options
2021-10-09 23:27:58
Greetings, I own a VR2800v bought at the dawn of the sale of this equipment also in Italy, even if initially with German software only for Annex B, while in Italy we use version A, then a software with Annex A was prepared specifically for Italy, no problem as regards the connection to the Internet on FTTC 200Mb, for the Wi-Fi slight problems of little importance. The problem is that several functions are unusable, starting from the QOS, to the DDOS protection and others that I don't even remember now because I haven't been using it for quite a while waiting for the bugs to be fixed. The version in use is: Archer_VR2800v (IT) _V1_191011 (Beta) released on: 2019-10-11, so two years have passed and to date there is no shadow of bringing fully functional software to the VR2800v. When is the final version expected to be released? So we certainly cannot go on since despite having a fairly expensive modem, I am forced to use that of my provider which has functions really reduced to a minimum. but at least it is stable in everything. Will there be an update for this product or maybe I can free myself from it by giving it away since we have not even got 160Mhz, and in all probability you will not even give us the Mesh given the now "End of Live" of the product?
Options
2021-10-11 06:03:27

@JackS73 

Hi, if there is already an Openreach ONT on the wall and the LAN/WAN port is connected, you might need to change the operation mode to dynamic IP.

As for the internet connection type, please use dynamic IP to have a look.

Options
2021-10-11 08:06:28

@TP-Link 

Hi

Problem was solved.

All the time I tried connect VR2800 in modem-router mode and couldn’t get it working.

Because there is Openreach ONT on the wall (which is described as a modem) I tried connect VR2800 in router mode only, LAN cable pluged into WAN port.

After typing all necessary data I got connection and everything start working.

I achieved 500Mbps on all 3 LAN ports and 360Mbps through WiFi.

Regards

Jack

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2258

Replies: 6

Related Articles