Perfect Mesh for a big house with reinforced concrete walls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Perfect Mesh for a big house with reinforced concrete walls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:Perfect Mesh for a big house with reinforced concrete walls
2021-10-26 10:29:19

@BendalfTheGrey 

You will need six Deco no matter what, and they should be of same model line to avoid future headaches. 

Which means, you should buy all X-series they have: two X90, two X60 and two X20. No other option. 

Please update your drawing with areas where you would like to have best WiFi signal and based on it I will give recommendation where to place which Deco model. 

One of X90 will be your Main Deco.

Options
2021-10-26 11:31:18

@BendalfTheGrey 

To maybe simplify my request. If you have no preference with wifi signal areas, I can still give recommendation how to deploy these Deco.

Also, if you have preference by the floor, for example you want better WiFi on first floor or on second floor, this can help me, too. 

In general, you should have good WiFi speeds with this set.

Also, this is expensive and large set of Deco units, and like with any WiFi mesh you won't know how well it works until you try it. My point is, I hope this store has return policy of at least few weeks, so that if you try Deco and not happy with results for some reason, you can return this set. 

Options
2021-10-26 13:27:24

@Alexandre. 

Hey. Thanks again.

I'll be able to tell you what they really have in stock tomorrow.

Regarding your question, First floor is more strategic since this is where we work and we the video games are. Based on your plan, the most important points are RJ45 #2 and MD. On the second floor SD4 is the most important point and SD5 would be the second one.

Is it clear?

Options
Re:Perfect Mesh for a big house with reinforced concrete walls-Solution
2021-10-26 15:34:22 - last edited 2021-10-29 04:28:06

@BendalfTheGrey 

Thanks, that should be enough for recommendation. You will need 6-unit Deco mesh, so assuming you'll get the Deco X-series hardware as listed, here is how you should deploy it:

First Floor

Main Deco X90 - connected to (1) Huawei echolife eg8145v5

Satellite Deco 1 X20 - connected to (3) Ethernet switch

Satellite Deco 2 X90 - wirelessly connected to Main Deco

This should give you the best possible coverage for the middle room, very good coverage for the left room and good to very good coverage for the right room. 

Second Floor

Satellite Deco 3 X60 - connected to (4) RJ45

Satellite Deco 4 X20 - connected to (5) RJ45

Satellite Deco 5 X60 - wirelessly connected to Satellite Deco 3

This should give best possible coverage for the middle room, very good coverage for the left room, and the best coverage you could get from Deco X60 for the rooms on the right. You may need to move Satellite Deco 5 X60 in the red box I've drawn to find the best place for it.

----------------------------

If store has different set of Deco X-series units, you should get two X90 minimum, for the first floor. The worst case is two X60s instead, but you'll be losing on Internet speed, especially in the right side of the first floor.

For the rest, your options are two X90s for the second floor instead of X60s, and does not matter if it is X20/X60/X90 in place of each of two X20s I listed.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-10-27 13:09:38

@Alexandre. 
New toys are here! I'll keep you posted asap about the setup.

Options
2021-10-28 18:26:59 - last edited 2021-10-29 04:28:01

@Alexandre. 

Hello!

The setup was not easy because of the position of the electrical and network plugs and the walls but everything is ok tonight. The incoming speed is 550Mbps and in the room with the worst coverage (at the other end of the house, with walls and 3 closed doors), I have 80Mbps. In the rest of the house, it varies between 250 and 500 which is perfect.

And all this with two X90 and two X60 (1 combo per floor). I did a lot of tests to find the best positions but this is all good. And I could even get a refund for the two extra X90. Life is wonderful!

Thank you so much for your super precious help. You are great!

Options