Realtek Chipset Driver for Archer T2U(Nano/ Plus)/T3U(Nano/ Plus)/T4U(Plus)/T4UH/T9UH (Win7/Win10)

Realtek Chipset Driver for Archer T2U(Nano/ Plus)/T3U(Nano/ Plus)/T4U(Plus)/T4UH/T9UH (Win7/Win10)

29 Reply
Re:Realtek Chipset Driver for Archer T2U(Nano/ Plus)/T3U(Nano/ Plus)/T4U(Plus)/T4UH/T9UH (Win7/Win10)
2022-10-21 10:23:28 - last edited 2022-10-21 10:30:52

@Solla-topee 

Could you check the new 2022 driver drv_WLAN_Realtek_USB_1030.45.0422.2022  ? It was reported to be available on this post: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/509006?replyId=1138996

It seems to be compatible with several TP-Link devices and can be found by google search on some websites for download, but I'm not sure it is safe and stable, so I didn't try it.

If it is better, safe and stable, please update the thread with it. Thank you! I also requested iobit driver booster to add it to their database if it is safe and stable.

Options
Re:Realtek Chipset Driver for Archer T2U(Nano/ Plus)/T3U(Nano/ Plus)/T4U(Plus)/T4UH/T9UH (Win7/Win10)
2022-12-22 18:12:24

@Solla-topee I am unable to install the chipset driver. When opening setup.exe, a prompt comes up and tells me that my operating system is not supported. I am running windows 10. I need the chipset driver as I am having the same issues other people are reporting. Thanks in advance.

Options
2023-01-27 11:31:45

@Solla-topee 

Hi, unfortunately the new chipset doesn't induce any change in my symptoms.

IPv4 connectivity: no internet

IPv6 connectivity: no network

And then suddenly it has connectivity again and the adapter works properly

Options
2023-04-26 15:28:13

@Solla-topee Still the same behavior with the latest chipset driver that you provide here, disconnections but less frequently at 5 GHz and also disconnections at 2.4 GHz (which did not occur with the previous chipset drivers or with the original driver). Why? Mine is the T9UH v2, but I suspect similar issues exist with the other adapters that you list on this thread. Does TP-Link understand that at some point it will lose credibility and not be considered one of the most reliable network equipment provider on the consumer market? Sorry, but there are many mentions of these issues in multiple sites/forums. Furthermore, If Realtek has built a buggy chipset driver, could you not build your own or troubleshoot it and provide a workaround with the driver? You should also provide clarification about the RunSW.exe, as some see better performance with it running and some see more frequent disconnections.

Options
2023-08-09 07:44:20 - last edited 2023-08-09 11:26:37

@Solla-topee Hello  Archer T4U V3.2 Eu User here , Got my device few days ago but i had huge issue with it since it was dropping the line for a sec every now and then like a lag spike that was a huge deal breaker for me "as a Gamer specially" i tried so many Different Drivers / ways to fix it but none worked till David-TP the nice guy he is Linked me here to try this beta driver as well which indeed did fix my issue , i believe the issue is with Compability of our hardware with the Driver and Dongle chipset which is a good thing cuz it can get fixed via Driver . but one issue that still exist is the lag spike when i click the Wifi search icon . it gives a high ping / spike when i do that but its just for a sec not that big of a deal but would be amazing if you guys could fix that also Thanks 

**Update**
After around 2 hrs of use the issue came back again , altho it got a lot better it seems but not gone yet . i hope it is a software issue rather than hardware . 

Options
2023-08-09 13:40:52

Great info, I have also had this problem.

https://www.facts.ae

Options
2023-08-09 21:49:22 - last edited 2023-08-09 21:55:26

Hellstrong wrote

@Solla-topee Hello  Archer T4U V3.2 Eu User here , Got my device few days ago but i had huge issue with it since it was dropping the line for a sec every now and then like a lag spike that was a huge deal breaker for me "as a Gamer specially" i tried so many Different Drivers / ways to fix it but none worked till David-TP the nice guy he is Linked me here to try this beta driver as well which indeed did fix my issue , i believe the issue is with Compability of our hardware with the Driver and Dongle chipset which is a good thing cuz it can get fixed via Driver . but one issue that still exist is the lag spike when i click the Wifi search icon . it gives a high ping / spike when i do that but its just for a sec not that big of a deal but would be amazing if you guys could fix that also Thanks 

**Update**
After around 2 hrs of use the issue came back again , altho it got a lot better it seems but not gone yet . i hope it is a software issue rather than hardware . 

@Hellstrong 

Hi,

Personally I use the Windows driver from the following link for USB Wi-Fi dongles with Realtek RTL8811/8812/8814 chips. This appears to be the newest driver and works quite well. It also supports WPA3.
https://station-drivers.com/index.php/en-us/component/remository/Drivers/Realtek/Wireless-(Wifi)/RTL8192RU-8188CU-8188CUS-8192CU..../Realtek-RTL8812AU-8192RU-...-Version-1030.44.0727.2022-WHQL/lang,en-us/

Regarding the lag when searching for Wi-Fi networks in Windows (via click on the Wi-Fi icon or via "Show available networks").
Below are screenshots of ping tests with two different AC1200 USB wireless adapters, both using the newest available drivers. The first one uses a RTL8812BU chip like your Archer T4U V3, the second one uses a chip from the competition, the MediaTek MT7612U.
During each ping run I clicked on "show networks" three times (as visible by the three ping spikes in each screenshot).

Unfortunately, major quality brands like Qualcomm or Broadcom do not make Wi-Fi adapter chips with USB interface and therefore users who have no other option than an USB port are left with Realtek and MediaTek.

Anyway, apart from this particullar issue, if you want to do gaming with as little lag as possible, then see if you can somehow manage to install an Ethernet cable between the router and your gaming computer. If that's not possible, then my next best choice would probably be to install a PCIe Wi-Fi card with Intel AX200 or AX210 chip.

PCIe wireless card with Intel chip for comparison:

Options
2023-08-17 13:04:55
Archer T4U is not listed as one of the supported models. Just to double confirm, is the firmware posted compatible with T4U?
Options
2023-08-17 21:57:14

@Chipster 

Hi,

I am sure the names in the brackets indicate additional variants of the same product.

For example, "Archer T2U (Nano / Plus)" is just a short form of "Archer T2U, Archer T2U Nano, Archer T2U Plus".

Same goes for "Archer T4U (Plus)". 

So, the answer to your question is, yes.

Options
Related Articles