Can't open local TP-Link extender address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-04 13:39:52 - last edited 2021-12-07 02:35:36
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

After I successfully connected my home wireless with the TP-Link extender TL-WA850RE using this url tplinkrepeater.net I got an error message when I tried to log in again.

This happens only with google chrome browser. In mozilla and other browsers I can login normally, even in google chrome PORTABLE browser I am able to login.

How can I solve the problem?    

The error that I read on google chrome is the one above.

Trying to Configure the Range Extender?

It looks like you may have run into an issue

If you're connecting to the Router directly, you will be unable to access the Range Extender's management page by using http://tplinkrepeater.net.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't open local TP-Link extender address -Solution
2021-12-06 10:41:34 - last edited 2021-12-07 02:35:36

Hello @john253 

If only Chrome could not open the page, you could try : 

1. Clear browser history and cache

2. Try incognito mode in browser

3. Try to use extender's IP address to login(You could find extender's IP address on router client list/ or check IP address in Tether APP-> tap big icon of RE)

How to use my Range Extender properly if your range extender is configured correctly? 

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't open local TP-Link extender address -Solution
2021-12-06 10:41:34 - last edited 2021-12-07 02:35:36

Hello @john253 

If only Chrome could not open the page, you could try : 

1. Clear browser history and cache

2. Try incognito mode in browser

3. Try to use extender's IP address to login(You could find extender's IP address on router client list/ or check IP address in Tether APP-> tap big icon of RE)

How to use my Range Extender properly if your range extender is configured correctly? 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can't open local TP-Link extender address
2021-12-06 20:59:14

@Solla-topee I was able to login to local TP-Link extender using the local IP address, thanks.

But, I wanted to know why I can't login using tplinkrepeater.net, I cleared the cache and history but still does not work, only on google chrome. I have also a portable version of google chrome and the address tplinkrepeater.net works fine. Don't know why this is happening.

Options
Re:Can't open local TP-Link extender address
2021-12-07 02:35:06

Hello @john253 

It's hard to say, perhaps more strict security that prevents accessing certain Web, or some settings in Chrome browser itself,

Glad to hear that you could access using IP now, glad to help~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 838

Replies: 3

Related Articles