tether application does not detect the router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-04 20:16:31
Model: TL-WR902AC  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 0.9.1.0.3 v0089.0

The router is in wisp mode but the tether application on android cannot find my rooter. This only works if I connect my intranet rooter to my box. Thanks for your help 

Options
4 Reply
Re:tether application does not detect the router
2021-12-08 09:57:21

@Laurentspc 

Hello, do you mean the Tether APP can detect the router without an issue when it is working in router mode, but Tether cannot detect it once it is configured in WISP? If that is the case, I guess you can only manage it via the Tether app when it is working as a Wireless Router or Access Point.

Options
2021-12-08 10:04:13

@Kevin_Z 

already thank you for your return. To put it simply, the application on android only detects the router in rooter mode and therefore connected to my box which is itself a rooter 

out of curiosity you think that the application must work with the rooter tp link whatever the mode and in wireless? 

Options
2021-12-08 12:22:08

@Laurentspc 

I personally think there won't be necessary to modify or change settings when the WR902AC is working as a WISP, as it deploys the settings from the main router, there are not many settings we can do.

BTW, you can view the settings via web management if it is necessary.

Options
2021-12-08 16:21:29

@Kevin_Z 

by internet everything is possible but parental control is more practical to manage on the application. another subject would you know how to manage remote control. Even with the instructions, I cannot configure the router. Best regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 811

Replies: 4

Related Articles