how to configure PPPoE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

how to configure PPPoE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
how to configure PPPoE
how to configure PPPoE
2021-12-06 18:37:23
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

Whenever i try to setup my wifi router as wireless router then i try to add network connection via PPPoE my net stop working, and i'm sure i put the correct info and i contacted my ISP (te.eg) but with no luck so how to configure it right?

PS: for now i'm using it by Dynamic IP so my question is is it same (will it give same performance) as PPPoE or PPPoE is better?

Options
3 Reply
Re:how to configure PPPoE
2021-12-06 22:11:51 - last edited 2021-12-06 22:12:24

@esmailelbob 

How does your Archer C50 physically connect to the Internet?

Is the Archer C50's WAN/Internet port connected to a modem that was provided by your ISP?

In case there is a separate modem that is currently setup to establish the connection to the ISP via PPPoE, but you want to use the C50 instead to establish the PPPoE connection, then you will also have to configure the modem accordingly. This setting is often called "bridge" mode, but may also be named differenty depending on the particular modem model.

Options
2021-12-07 03:56:32

@woozle Okay as start i'm new to all of these stuff so excuse my noobness

> How does your Archer C50 physically connect to the Internet?

I have modem/router (but i closed DHCP and wifi on my modem) and i got ethernet cord and i plugged it in my C50

> Is the Archer C50's WAN/Internet port connected to a modem that was provided by your ISP?

Nope, i bought my own modem!

> In case there is a separate modem that is currently setup to establish the connection to the ISP via PPPoE

There is yes..but i think i can make both routers (modem and C50) work via PPPoE at same time?

> but you want to use the C50 instead to establish the PPPoE connection, then you will also have to configure the modem accordingly. This setting is often called "bridge" mode, but may also be named differenty depending on the particular modem model.

I know briefly about bridge mode but i have no idea how to set it up

Options
2021-12-07 05:20:47 - last edited 2021-12-07 05:52:57

@esmailelbob 

You can go through this story as an example on how to bridge your modem and build the PPPoE session from the router.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options