Parental Control on Deco X90 / X60

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-10 09:40:32
Model: Deco X90  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey guys!

I installed a great network with 2 Deco X90 and 2 Deco X60 at home. It works perfectly. Today I want to set the parental control but I can't find any trace of HomeShield or HomeCare in my Deco app. I saw on the website that both are different solutions. But is it possible to have only one app to control the whole network ? 

Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance

Options
4 Reply
Re:Parental Control on Deco X90 / X60
2021-12-10 11:21:13

@BendalfTheGrey 

Hi, normally the Firewall solution follows the main Deco.

So it could be either HomeShield(X90 is the main Deco) or HomeCare(Deco X60 is the main Deco).

Can I have some pictures on the APP that there is no trace of HomeShield or HomeCare.

If I am right, the HomeShield is normally on the bottom, between Overview and More.

By the way, you do use Deco under Wireless Router mode, not Access Point mode, right?

Options
2021-12-10 11:44:47

@TP-Link 

Here is the homepage

Options
2021-12-14 07:16:23

@BendalfTheGrey 

Hi, thank you very much for getting back to me.
Did you set up X90 working under access point mode, which could be seen under More>Advanced>Operation mode?
Since I tested on my side, The HomeShield is not available on the access point.
If you are indeed on the wireless router and Deco X90 is the main Deco, I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.
Please also help me send APP feedback via Deco APP>Overview>three lines on the top>help>contact us>suggestions and add APP log.

Options
2021-12-17 06:17:06

@TP-Link Hello, I found a moment between 2 School-Zoom to try, and as soon as I switch from Access Point Mode to Router, nothing is working properly anymore. 5 of the 8 Sonos speakers can't be detected, the Sonos App itself can't connect easily to the network, the bandwidth is way slower and it's like only the X90 is working (the main one). Nothing come from the 3 others DECO.

What can I do please?

Thanks for your help

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 814

Replies: 4

Related Articles