Opera VPN block

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Opera VPN block

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Opera VPN block
Opera VPN block
2021-12-22 19:43:22
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have my step son on a "teen" parental control profile and it has been blocking adult video sites. My wife has said that he recently starting using Opera and come to find out that Opera has a built in VPN. I enabled the block on teen website called Opera VPn and this didn't do much.

is there anyway I can block vpn traffic? FYI my mesh system is connected to a Sky router. Not sure if anything needs to be done on that end instead.

thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Opera VPN block
2021-12-23 10:03:57

@Limey729 

Hi,

You could go to Parental Control>profiles>insights>history on the top right and manually block the browsing history related to Opera VPN.

Since I used to see the feedback that if the connections do not include the keywords you have added on the blocked content, it might fail to be blocked.

Options
2021-12-23 13:31:06 - last edited 2021-12-23 13:31:31

@Limey729 

>my mesh system is connected to a Sky router.

You can also do this:

1. Check with your ISP tech support (or their support forums) if parental controls on Sky broadband router allow blocking VPN in general or Opera VPN specifically, and make necessary change on Sky router;

2. If not, check if Sky broadband router allows to block access to specific Web sites, then google "how to block Opera VPN" to find list of web sites that must be blocked to stop VPN access in Opera, and add all these web sites to Sky router blocked web sites list.

Options
2021-12-23 13:37:06

@TP-Link traffic is not being reported when he goes through vpn. Therefore I cannot block

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 740

Replies: 3

Related Articles