NEW! AXE11000 Deco XE200/Wi-Fi 6E Deco Mesh System

NEW! AXE11000 Deco XE200/Wi-Fi 6E Deco Mesh System

42 Reply
Re:Frequently Asked Questions about Wi-Fi 6E Products/ Deco XE75
2022-05-24 15:29:40

@David-TP 

Thanks! managed to change the device name, quity easy if you know where to look :-)

But in my settings.. i can't seem to find the option for the IP..

only thing i can think of is that "feature" isn't available in Access Point mode..

attached some screenshots..

More settings tab..

Advanced settings tab..

Options
2022-05-25 05:52:09

@Ou-Tannu 

You are right and since under AP mode, the IP is automatically assigned from the DHCP server.

If you tend to set up a static IP on the Deco, you could consider setting up an IP address reservation on the DHCP server.

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-27 15:33:50

Thanks for the excellent support!

im very happy with the XE75 Deco's!

as mentioned before, some features im missing a little bit *1..  but the thing that matters the most is that everything works like it should..

and that is what they do perfectly!

*1 but thats also my lazyness in reconfiguration some ancient pain in the butt client devices

Options
2022-06-05 17:50:02

@TP-Link My mesh network is currently made up out of Deco X60 devices. What would be my benefits for adding the Deco XE75 to this network? 

Options
2022-06-07 02:27:49

@MLVC 

Hi, If you only add one Deco XE75, except the normal 2.4ghz and 5ghz for mobile clients, there is another 6G wireless network for the 6G compatible devices.

And if you have 2*Deco XE75, the 6Ghz could be used as both the wireless backhaul between 2*X75 to increase the bandwidth of the satellite XE75,  and the wireless radio for 6G compatible devices.

Currently, if you do not have any Wi-Fi 6E clients and the internet bandwidth is about 1G, Deco X60 or X90 would be better if you want to add one more Deco node.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-06-07 08:22:39

@David-TP  So there's only an advantage when adding two or more XE75? Thanks for the reply!

Options
2022-06-23 12:57:56

@clewfretful Yes thank you for letting us know this. I was wondering why I wasn't able to use it. megamodapk. com/nulls-brawl-download/

Options
2022-06-27 16:41:09

@TP-Link Please amend the 6Ghz band option to toggle as dedicated client connection and not function as wireless backhaul if wired backhaul is present.

Also allow unified SSID naming across all bands and have the router automatically assign devices based on connection speed/signal strength. Why only the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band can have the same SSID name?

Options
2022-06-28 11:26:10

@oneframe 

Hi, the 6ghz is working as the delicate backhaul by default and could be changed to backhaul and wireless radio for clients later.

Do you wish to see the 6ghz work as backhaul and wireless radio by default especially when Deco XE75 is on Ethernet backhaul so that there is no need to change 6ghz settings?

For the same unified SSID, I think it is quite interesting that on the AC/AX Mesh, many users wish to see separate SSIDs on 2.4ghz and 5ghz but when it comes to 6ghz, things seem to be different. But the SSID of 6ghz could be customized to be the same as 2.4ghz/5ghz.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-06-28 16:04:28

@David-TP 

RE: 6Ghz Wireless Backhaul

Is it possible to set the Deco NOT to use it as wireless backhaul at all? Not a shared wireless backhaul + client if a wired backhaul is already in effect? Not a mixed setting.

RE: SSID name

Are you saying if I set the 6Ghz with the same SSID as the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band, then the Deco is smart enough to pass the device between the three? My understanding is that current state of the Deco firmware, only 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz are being routed to the best band. While 6Ghz is always a separate band that the Deco is unable to pass the device to the other bands. Can you confirm?

Options