Archer AX20 Drops Internet Connection Since 1/7/2022 [RESOLVED]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX20 Drops Internet Connection Since 1/7/2022 [RESOLVED]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
125 Reply
Re:Archer AX20 Drops Internet Connection Since 1/7/2022
2022-08-31 01:39:12

m_rv wrote

Hi  @Kevin_Z 

I was using the beta firmware you've given (1.1.0 Build 20220622 rel.36844(4555)) on my AX55 and it was working good, the connection was stable.

Today I've seen there's new firmware available: 1.1.1 Build 20220621 rel.71166

Does this contain the fix for our issue or should I wait with the update?

Hello @m_rv, thank you very much for posting on the community.

Yes, this has been fixed in the latest official firmware for the Archer AX55 as well, please update and install the latest version to monitor the connectivity.

Please let me know if there is any issue or inquiry.

Options
2022-09-01 01:12:00

@Kevin_Z 

I have been experiencing the wifi dropout issue on my ArcherX55 v.1 for quite a few months. Mainly on iOS devices but also occasionally on android devices and home automation devices. The strange thing is that iOS devices are dropping on and off repeatedly but window and android devices do not lose connectivity at all. I have finally gotten frustrated enough that I started searching the forums for an answer. 

I have seen the response that sent out a beta firmware of 1.0.9 xxxxx and a response that the beta has been incorporated into later updates, I am running:

Firmware Version:

1.1.1 Build 20220621 rel.71166(5553)

Hardware Version:

Archer AX55 v1.0

...and I am still running into the issue even as of this date 08-31-22.   This issue is starting to cost me money on my cell data plans as my wife calls family internationally often on WhatsApp and a wifi dropout switches to cellular data and she doesn't notice until her data plan is over and then the upcharges hit the bill... not good. I have excellent internet service with Xfinity (600Mbps+) when connected via Ethernet cable to the AX55 router.

Please suggest a path forward. 

@Mauitraveler

Options
2022-09-01 02:05:11

Mauitraveler wrote

@Kevin_Z 

I have been experiencing the wifi dropout issue on my ArcherX55 v.1 for quite a few months. Mainly on iOS devices but also occasionally on android devices and home automation devices. The strange thing is that iOS devices are dropping on and off repeatedly but window and android devices do not lose connectivity at all. I have finally gotten frustrated enough that I started searching the forums for an answer. 

I have seen the response that sent out a beta firmware of 1.0.9 xxxxx and a response that the beta has been incorporated into later updates, I am running:

Firmware Version:

1.1.1 Build 20220621 rel.71166(5553)

Hardware Version:

Archer AX55 v1.0

...and I am still running into the issue even as of this date 08-31-22.   This issue is starting to cost me money on my cell data plans as my wife calls family internationally often on WhatsApp and a wifi dropout switches to cellular data and she doesn't notice until her data plan is over and then the upcharges hit the bill... not good. I have excellent internet service with Xfinity (600Mbps+) when connected via Ethernet cable to the AX55 router.

Please suggest a path forward. 

@Mauitraveler

@Mauitraveler Thank you very much for following up on this thread.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

1. When the iOS devices drop the connection, how about the internet LED on the AX55, is it still green?

2. Are those iOS devices connected to 2.4G or 5G? Or you are enabling the Smart Connect on the AX55, and the iOS devices will roam between the two networks? If possible, please try to disable the Smart Connect and connect those 5G devices to the 5G network but those only support 2.4G to the 2.4G of the AX55, then monitor the connectivity.

3. How many devices are connected to the AX55 network simultaneously most of the time? Are there any other extenders?

Options
2022-09-01 21:56:54

@Kevin_Z 

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

1. When the iOS devices drop the connection, how about the internet LED on the AX55, is it still green? - Yes, router status lights do not change. Windows computers stay connected. Android phone stays connected, with a rare dropout. iOS & iPadOS seem to be most affected

2. Are those iOS devices connected to 2.4G or 5G? Or you are enabling the Smart Connect on the AX55, and the iOS devices will roam between the two networks? If possible, please try to disable the Smart Connect and connect those 5G devices to the 5G network but those only support 2.4G to the 2.4G of the AX55, then monitor the connectivity. - All phones and iPads are on the 5Ghz network and Smart Connect is Not used. Smart Home devices and older devices are the only devices connected to 2.4Ghz network.

3. How many devices are connected to the AX55 network simultaneously most of the time? - Approx. 21 devices connected between both 2.4 & 5Ghz networks

Are there any other extenders? - No extenders. Our apartment is single floor and not large, less than 800 sq. ft.

Thank you.

Options
2022-09-02 01:32:57

@Mauitraveler 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info.

Just want to confirm again, have you tried to modify the wireless basic settings on the AX55, such as channel, channel width, and security? It's suggested to try choosing WPA2-PSK AES for security.

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options