Re450 v1 WILL NOT DETECT HOST 5GHZ NETWORK

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-22 08:02:56
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I'm trying to configure this range extender but when I use the wireless scanner it WILL NOT see ANY 5ghz networks at all, let alone my specific one.

I know there are multiple 5g networks available in this house as the tenants have their own as well.

I have tried setting it to default settings, everything, but it will not detect any 5ghz networks.

I can stand right next to the extender with my phone and it will see the 5ghz networks fine.

How do I fix it?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Re450 v1 WILL NOT DETECT HOST 5GHZ NETWORK
2022-01-24 07:38:28

Hello @Tdogg 

If RE does not see router's 5Ghz WiFi, that could be related to Router's 5Ghz channel, you could try some tips in below thread and change router 5Ghz channel to 36/40/44/48 :
[Troubleshooting] TP-Link Range Extender is not detecting the 5GHz Signal of the Main Router

Locate RE next to Wifi router when scan for host SSID

Please try a factory reset on Range extender, does RE itself broadcast '(TP-Link_)Extender_5G'  SSID? 

If still the same, can I have a photo showing RE scan 5Ghz SSID page, and a photo of router 5Ghz settings, when did you puchase the extender, did the extender work with 5Ghz WiFi before?Thank you.

Options
2022-01-24 21:18:23

@Solla-topee I've done everything in TP links troubleshooting documentation.

I ended up restarting the device, then it was able to see the 5ghz networks.

HOWEVER

After selecting my network and entering the passcode which I know is correct, the extender says the 5Gh host network has "no signal" on the status page.

Where it has the diagram that shows the various connections, despite seeing the network during a scan, which showed 4/5 bars for signal strength, it says no signal on the status page.

Tried everything. It never works. Always says no signal and the 5ghz light on the front of the device does not light up.

Last attempt will be to update the firmware of the device to try again.

Options
2022-01-25 03:02:40 - last edited 2022-01-25 03:03:03

Hello @Tdogg 

Thank you, here is the firmware of RE450, please select hardware version and check or download the latest firmware (build number)

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re450/

• You could lower 5Ghz channel width 40Mhz and see if that helps.
  • Confirm other devices could connect to router WiFI at RE's location

Can I know the model of WiFi router, can I have a photo of router 5Ghz wifi settings, like Wi-Fi channels, channel width settings.

Can I have the photo showing 5G no connection (on Re web or Tether app)? Does the 2 WiFi led slight up on RE450 after set up? How about the WiFi led on RE when web showing 5Ghz no connection

Could other devices work with 5Ghz at RE's location with no problem?

Options
2022-01-25 21:03:55 - last edited 2022-01-25 21:08:36

@Solla-topee 

I've tried everything it says in the tp link troubleshooting, as I already mentioned.

Changing it to 40 for channel width and choosing channel 44 or lower. Makes no difference. The extender says no signal for the 5ghz host network no matter what.

Every other device in the household can connect to and use the modem's 5ghz wifi connection just fine.

The RE450 does not have the 5ghz light illuminated no matter how many times I try to get it to connect, change the channels on my modem, rebooting the extender. Nothing.

As seen below it shows up in the scan but says no signal after connecting to it.

Options
2022-01-26 06:40:03 - last edited 2022-01-26 06:50:40

Hello @Tdogg 

Thank you for more case details 

1. May I know the model of the WiFi router & a photo of router 5G settings. 

2.  You may check if 5Ghz password has any special symbols,  you could try a simple WiFi password for 5Ghz like 12345678 for a test and see if RE 5Ghz light up. 

If set up still failed (with Re plugged for 3-5mins), login RE web page > Settings>System tools >save the system log of RE, please share the Log file with us

3. Confirm RE is the on the latest firmware (select hardware version first to see available corresponding firmware)

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re450/v1/

By the way, when did you purchase the RE and when the issue start, did the RE450  work fine router 5Ghz  before? Can I know the hardware & firmware/ Build number of your RE Thank you. 

Options
2022-07-19 15:39:27

@Solla-topee 

I am also having exactly the same issue with this same device. 

The RE450 will not detect the 5G SID. 

It will see the 2.4GHZ band and SID just fine. However, even when you select 5G only, it see only the 5G SID 

I have tried everything myself. 

Updated firmware 
Tried changing recommended router channels 
Put right next to it 

This was an expensive device,. I could have got a much cheaper one that would have actually worked! 

Now I see its not a fault with my unit. Many others same issue with the same modleL 

I require a much better LAN connection than just 54mbps. I can see that from all the forums this problem has just been dumped and TP-link has yet to publish an actual resolution for this issue. 

Please provide one. I also got this one for a write up for my first product view. So far its a faulure. I would like to get this device working as advertised. Ive tried the online live chat. Been sititng waiting for a response for over an hour!

Options
2022-07-20 06:33:46

Hello   @TechEditor1 

Thank you for the feedback and starting a new thread, please check my reply in your new thread here. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 547

Replies: 7

Related Articles