Votes

Manual Signal Source Selection on Deco - Request #9999

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Manual Signal Source Selection on Deco. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Manual Signal Source Selection on Deco - Request #9999

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Manual Signal Source Selection on Deco. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
11 Reply
Re:Manual Signal Source Selection on Deco - Request #9999
2022-01-31 16:28:32 - last edited 2022-11-02 10:56:08

@Momcho 

I must have misunderstood your network diagram.

Let me know if I got it right now. You have:

---- Provider Cable ------------>Main Deco M9<--- Ethernet Cable ---> [Satellite M9]

|<--------------- WiFi ----------------> [Satellite M4R]

If this is correct, my recommendation still stays: swap Satellites, so that Satellite M9 connects wirelessly to Main Deco and M4 uses Ethernet. Such as:

---- Provider Cable ------------>Main Deco M9<--- Ethernet Cable ---> [Satellite M4R]

|<--------------- WiFi ----------------> [Satellite M9]

This is not going to fix all other problems you encountered with Deco and shared in this forum. It is just what I would do for deployment of tri-band and dual-band mesh units in mixed wired/wireless backhaul environment.

Replace M4 with M5 in this diagram and that would be what I have in my house. Since October 2020.

Options