Deco M9 plus Vs Eero 6 pro....... How to improve Deco!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-26 21:18:40 - last edited 2022-01-26 21:20:12
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

So I have upgraded from copper to fibre optic and stayed with Talk Talk, opting for the fibre 500 package. 

As my 3 X Deco M9 plus network was already set up I decided to stick with it and plug it straight into the fibre modem (ONT). Talk talk provide me with an Amazon Eero 6 pro so I have been testing the two.

The Eero is showing I'm getting 526/76 and the Deco says roughly 490/78, so no issues there. The differences come when testing speeds wirelessly. The Eero barely drops any speed and I can see 480/76 approx. The Deco, however, seems to swing about quite alot and I'm getting about half the download speed (in the 200-300 range) and about the full upload speed (76).

I know the Eero is what's supplied so should be good, but I'm a little disappointed in the Decos, they worked well on copper, but now seem to be lacking. I have manually inputted 1000gb bandwidth, gotten rid of properties and set app priority to standard.....

Is there something else I can try or do I pick up another could of eeros and sadly say goodbye to the Decos?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M9 plus Vs Eero 6 pro....... How to improve Deco!
2022-01-27 07:13:44

@Wmillie 

Hi, is the speed 200-300m/s from the Wi-Fi of the main Deco M9 plus or satellite unit? And can I have the link speed(How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client) as well?

Is 490/78 m/s tested via Deco APP>More>Test internet speed?

Would it make any difference if you temporarily disabled the 2.4ghz of the Deco?

Thank you.

Options
Re:Deco M9 plus Vs Eero 6 pro....... How to improve Deco!
2022-01-27 08:00:44

@TP-Link 

Hello, thanks for getting back to me.

The WiFi speed, on both phone (pixel 6) and laptop (HP Envy 360) next to the primary Deco, measured using Fast.com and Google averages between 200 and 300 this morning, although sometimes goes over 300 and sometimes below 200. There seems to be alot more fluctuation than my previous copper line.

The link speed, as tested on the laptop is currently showing 702 Mbs, although does vary from 520 to 866.

The speed of the Deco, as tested on the Deco app is ranging from 470 to 490 and seems to fluctuate alot less than the WiFi speed.

I have tried disabling 2.4 GHz and it makes no discernible difference.

As I'm sitting here I'm wondering whether to swap my primary Deco with one of the satellite ones?

Thanks again

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2448

Replies: 2

Related Articles