Decos are not Mesh Systems at all...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Decos are not Mesh Systems at all...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Decos are not Mesh Systems at all...
2022-02-11 12:00:29 - last edited 2022-02-11 13:21:17

@TP-Link Today I chatted with the local support and understood 3 things:

1) Users, if you are not satisfied with the support, they will ban you! They banned me once, but I talked with them from 4G. WHOOHOO:

I have a message that I am banned, after I asked how to daisy chain my Decos. Just like that.

2) They didn't solve my problem. They don't have a hotline. They said "they have technical issues".

3) "Mesh Network" and "TP-Link Mesh" are different things.

But in the site is written the following thing:

"These nodes are important in efficiently delivering WiFi, as each node serves as a “daisy chain” for other nodes in the system. Even nodes that are furthest from the router can still deliver a strong signal. Nodes"

But as the support said, you are buying a product, which (maybe) will became Mesh someday, after update. Until then, you just give your money.

Quick update: I wrote to LiveChat support - the service that TP-Link is using for live chat "support". They said it is impossible to receive "Uncaught (in promise) Error: Customer is banned at iframe.bf540906.chunk.js:1" message due to technical error. 

So, @TP-Link bans the users that are right to serach for something, promised in the box of the product and not received in the last 2 years.

Frustrated Deco (X90, M9 Plus, M4R, E4) & Tapo (C200, C210) owner looking for solutions to use the investment in them. Expensive Plastic...
Options
2022-02-11 12:32:24

Also, answer from Local Support. FYI - You cannot daisy chain Mesh routers ;)

P.S. Hotline is not working, the phone does not exist.

Frustrated Deco (X90, M9 Plus, M4R, E4) & Tapo (C200, C210) owner looking for solutions to use the investment in them. Expensive Plastic...
Options
2022-02-12 15:42:29

@VCL Same here. Have the Deco M4 (2-pack) US V2 for over a year now....working fine

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
Related Articles