Votes

Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

297 Reply
Re:Web UI Configuration
2022-07-20 16:10:57

@TP-Link 

My main concern is that I feel I really don't own these $800 sets of pieces of hardware. 

All it takes to cut users out of being able to reconfigure it is that TPLink decides it's time to EOL this product and take down the app or close down cloud service. 

What if google/apple decides to take down tplink apps (you know all the crazy stuff going on around the world, and tplink being a chinese company)?

We'll all be stuck with useless bricks. That's not how you 'tie' customers to your brand.

Options
2022-08-01 05:33:36

@TP-Link I would really like the web ui for management of my new XE5300, its a lot easier to navigate the page on a big screen rather than on my iPhone.  I am very pleased with the speed of the mesh Wi-Fi but recently discovered I am unable to manage this online.  I think I will be returning it for a refund.  I have a complex network where I have in excess of 112 devices connecting to my internet, I have a need to open ports and have specific ip address reservations for my home server, home pbx (work from home) and printers, including my VoIP phones.  These are in excess of 30 devices and it is unbearable to click one at a time on the phone without the ability to just copy paste the mac address into a field and create a reservation for a specific Ip address.  I hope that in the future you guys will be adding this feature as it is critical for those that have a congested network and multiple needs to have a web interface so that it would be quicker to manage.  Also, having a bigger screen is a lot easier that scrolling through an app.

Options
2022-08-03 19:56:56 - last edited 2022-08-03 19:59:22

@TP-Link 

As someone said before : If TP-Link, for some reason, decide to stop the support for the Deco App and do not push updates anymore, the app could eventually become incompatible with future versions of Android/iOS. Not only it could disappear from the stores, but it could simply crash on startup because Android/IOS version is not supported.

When I see what happened to Huawei...  I am concerned about the possibility of my Deco X50 to become a paperweight in the future.

This is so weird to own a router and not being able to do the advanced configuration from a computer... Mobile apps are great but should not replace an admin portal on this kind of hardware.

Options
2022-08-10 18:43:01

@TP-Link Love the look of the DECO, the excuse that the app allows the non-skilled person to set up their system is weak, but really you want access to people's phone data for marketing, monitoring, etc, etc.  I don't have the skills that most of the folks have on this post, but I was able to easily access, manage and manipulate the web interfaces on the AC 1700 and the AX10000.  The DECO actually has much higher wifi speeds than the super flashy AX10000 triband gaming router which was pathetically slow compared to the DECO, and that gaming router is going back for a refund. 

Again, you've put web interfaces on most of your other routers, whether the customer is smart enough to use it is another story, but seems many customers want it and should be a fairly easy copy/paste of past systems to the DECO.  The web app is pretty basic and poorly implemented to say the best about it and sure doesn't have the capability of a basic interface like the old AC1700.  Step up to the plate TP-link.

Options
2022-08-16 02:31:43

@TP-Link 

interface and support are garbage. TP-Link has only contempt for its customers. Can't wait to tell Amazon.

Options
2022-09-09 13:57:54

@TP-Link I just bought this, discovered there is no web ui for administrating and promptly found this page. I am now in the process of returning this router and going with something else. I understand this is a "home" device but as a technical user who is in the weeds of his advanced home network, this is an unacceptable situation.

Options
2022-09-15 14:26:33

@TP-Link okay it seems like people, including me, really would like to use a big monitor and a keyboard to do stuff.

So why not make an app for the pc? Or better yet, just integrate the frickin app in the next FW. You'll keep your app, and we'll keep our sanity. Win win.

Options
2022-09-21 00:27:37 - last edited 2022-09-21 00:29:14

@TP-Link  

Just bought and set up the deco X73-DSL.

The web ui admin page not having any way to alter settings is an absolute joke, and a complete insult to your customers.

This is the most disgusting thing I've seen this company do.

I will be leaving a negative review on my amazon purchase due to this.

My intended upgrade now feels like a downgrade! 

Options
2022-09-22 22:01:09

@TP-Link I logged in here just to say I'm returning the X25 Deco set that I just bought because of the insane lack of this functioanlity and the obnoxious responses in this thread. First and last TP-Link product.  

Options
2022-10-06 20:15:32

The lack of a web UI is appalling. I left a 1-star review on Amazon.

I had originally intended to replace my router with the S4.

Due to the lack of a web UI I ended up changing the Operation Mode my S4 to Access Point so that I can continue to admin my old router via the browser.

Options

Voters 160

+ 156 Voters