Votes

Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

297 Reply
Re:Web UI Configuration
2022-10-08 04:57:36 - last edited 2022-10-08 04:58:21

@TP-Link 

Not good enough. Had I known before I purchased this that I had to use an app, I would not have bought it. It is even worse now that I have opened it and I am unsure that I will be able to return it.

Also, Unfortunately, there has been no plan to add these features yet. Deliberately misleading is the same as lying - you know that, right? Throwing in a couple of words like 'has been' and 'yet' to soften the blow when you have zero plans to ever launch a browser version is deliberately misleading and therefore lying.

Now I'm going to trundle off to the store to try to return these devices which may well have been brilliant, but I will never know because I haven't even turned them on and never will.

Options
2022-10-14 10:41:21
Using a phone app is nowhere near as convenient as using a web app, particularly when doing remote management. I had high hopes for my Deco XE75. I am very disappointed by the lack of a web interface for it.
Options
2022-10-14 10:45:59

@NotInChina 

I'm also considering returning my Deco XE75 due to the lack of a web-based management tool.

Options
2022-10-24 21:33:22

@TP-Link I bought 5 decos to get whole house coverage. 5 of them. If I had known before purchasing they didn't have a web interface that many standard things you might want to customise aren't configurable at all, I'd have run a mile.

As it stands I am here writing this because my main internet connection is down. My 2nd line is up and running, and on my PC I have my network card configured to use my 2nd gateway so I can continue to get internet access. My wife, who needs internet access for her work tonight to complete an important task, cannot do this as it's a company issue laptop and she can't change the network adapter config.

OK no problem, let's configure the Decos to use a different gateway. Oh snap, we can't, because they can only be configured via the app, via the cloud. But they have no internet connection.... 

Please roll out a firmware update with a web UI. It wouldn't take much effort. It only needs to allow you to configure a handful of things.

Options
2022-10-24 21:35:40

Just reading back my own message I still can't even get over how stupid this is. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect the access points would not have a web interface or that they couldn't be configured when offline.

Options
2022-11-04 16:05:07

@TP-Link

Seriously guys, choosing intentionally neuter what is the primary method of router configuration for most people is frankly insane.

Forcing people to use a phone for network admin is going to cost you a lot of custom. The more people realize that this is your new normal the less of your equipment they will buy. You are literally pushing people to your competitors because of an arbitrary decision in your initial plan.

I will be returning my shiny new X73 as not fit for purpose, and will buy something from one of your competitors.

Options
RE:Web UI Configuration
2022-11-04 19:47:26
Do it to maintain customers
Options
2022-11-04 20:52:14 - last edited 2022-11-04 20:56:14

@TP-Link 

Must agree with above comments. Relying on an app on 5-6" screens for configuring devices with the possibility of the app being outdated/removed = paperweight devices if anything happens to them. I can manage all my other devices at home from my computer since it is easer to read, easier to see 2 interfaces at the same time and easer to have help on screen if i need to troubleshoot instead of jumping back and forth between apps in a small phone.

Come on, just do firmware update with web-interface where same things can be configured without needing a connection to internet.

Seriously considering returning the 3 X60 i picked up today. Considering the pricetag on those devices (at least for me it's expensive) I expected more.

/Z

Options
2022-11-05 09:08:50

Returned to store and replaced by other vendors system instead. You can ignore my request.

Options
2022-11-08 12:28:23 - last edited 2022-11-08 12:28:47

@TP-Link 
i too was very disappointed with the lack of webUI to configure my deco-x20 dsl
during the setup i had to use the reset button on it because the password i set up for my wifi had a "!" and even though that seemed to be a valid character to use and the setup would allow me to set it i figured out that there's a bug and that it was the reason i couldnt connect to my device afterwards to continue the setup.
so in my case the decision to only have configuration through the app didnt make things easier at all,only harder instead.
this was with the latest firmware version available too.    version 1.0.4 Build 20210807 Rel. 46250

Options

Voters 160

+ 156 Voters