Votes

Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

303 Reply
Re:Web UI Configuration
2023-01-14 00:18:13

@TP-Link 

I have been using tp-link routers, switches and access points for a few years now. And I have been a happy customer. I have been amazed at how robust the hardware has been for me and how easy and simple to configure everything has been. So of course i want to continue using tp-link products.

Now the time has finally come to upgrade my parents home with a new mesh system. The old one was an asus lyra setup, which performed terribly. So now i'm looking at the Deco X50 which should accommodate my use case very well.

It has been a total disappointment researching these new products and seeing that there is no equivalent if not better or fully featured web interface for these devices. This app first approach is understandable for the average laymen, but when it comes to others being able to help that layman we need a web interface. I am of opinion that a router nowadays should be manageable through its web interface and also provide some kind of remote way to configuring it(without having to make an account for some service). A vpn and ddns service as a feature in the web interface should suffice.

Just think about it, I cannot configure my device by simply connecting to its IP. I have to download some app where all the features are locked behind.

But I iterate again, having seen the bare web interface that is provided with the device has completely disappointed me. There is no way i am going to invest any money in such a device.

If this is the place that all of tp-link products are headed to then i will not be buying any more products from this company, nor can i recommend it to anyone anymore.

I hope tp-link listens to the many customers here, we would not be posting here if we would not care.

Options
RE:Web UI Configuration
2023-01-14 00:19:42
There is no way i will invest in a router that i cant fully configure in its web interface
Options
2023-01-21 17:18:28
Using a TINY screen to configure critical, detailed settings is a HORRIBLE idea. If I had known this in advance, I NEVER would have purchased the Deco Mesh system. Sure, not everyone needs to be able to do that, but there are many who do, and for thise there is no answer. PLEASE fix this TP-Link
Options
2023-01-29 22:48:58
This should just be there beyond just the simple fact that having to use your tp-link exclusively is a massive security risk.
Options
2023-01-30 07:33:42

@TP-Link this is one thing that the ASUS XT8 excelled in. I could login to a web gui on pc and fully configure everything as though was a standard router setup. This is where the deco systems currently fail... big time..... your standard routers (not used for a while) had brilliant easy to navigate gui interfaces, bring similar to the deco's

Options
2023-02-04 02:45:17
It's 2023, every router should have a web admin UI.
Options
2023-02-04 03:30:00 - last edited 2023-02-04 03:32:15

@TP-Link 

Yes, but my Archer AX90 has a web UI and i also was able to do alot of stuff via the Tether app... 

Get the Deco WebUI up and running... i have big fingers and hate using my iphone for this... i want to use a computer with a nice big screen.

hahaha, had to change [eff]at for the word big... seems i cant say i have [eff]at fingers... how the world has become full of so many fragile petals is beyond me

Options
2023-02-04 03:34:38
No Brainer
Options
2023-02-05 18:05:13

@TP-Link , I am honestly shocked that there isn't a web interface for advanced settings. I thought I was losing it because I couldn't figure out how to access that part of the interface, but nope - it really isn't there. For most routers, the necessary settings are in the app and the advanced settings are web ui. Having the advanced settings in the app would be a nice bonus if the web ui was also available.

I have a long list of IP reservations that I need to add for some devices that aren't on the network currently. Adding a list of MACs and IPs using my phone is painful. 

By the time anything changes (if it does), it will be too late for me - but please do this for future buyers.

Options
2023-02-08 13:06:27

All,

if you want this implemented you need to VOTE. So far only 28 votes. If I was TP-Link I wouldn't give a cookie about your claims to get the job done. We are a lot expecting a web ui, please vote and make the change happen 

Options

Voters 163

+ 159 Voters