Votes

Web UI Configuration

Votes

Web UI Configuration

342 Reply
Re:Web UI Configuration
2024-04-16 00:23:41 - last edited 2024-04-16 00:27:14

@TP-Link Please be advised that I am returning the Deco 7200 Mesh tomorrow due to the lack of not having complete and secure control over the device and the lack of a Web UI. As a Cybersecurity professional, if I can't fully administer it and lock it down, I don't want it on my network. This is not a professional wireless networking device. Instead it is a compromisable toy for idiots. Thank you for alienating a long time loyal customer and refusing to listen to reason. You've just lost another customer.

Options
RE:Web UI Configuration
2024-04-18 14:06:41
must to have
Options
2024-04-18 21:50:33

@akng

Login with another android/apple device and hopefully you know your user name and password.  The only thing you are tied to is the operating system.  They refuse to go WEB UI and to my knowledge don't offer a Windows or MACOS pc version.

Options
2024-04-18 21:56:25

@Yewtink correct, this joke of a company has only phone apps, so worthless and its been almost 2 years with ZERO response from their non existant support "team"

send this sheet to ebay/swappa, anywhere else but your own house/business

Options
2024-04-19 03:45:06
I don't want to sign in with TP-Link ID!. Now how can I manage this device? I had an issue with the static routing settings which caused my devices to lose internet connections and the Deco Router wouldn't allow me to delete the settings from the App, moreover the Deco App is cloud dependant, which means that if there is no internet connection the Deco App doen't connect to the Deco device despite being on the same network. I had to wait for a week to get someone from support to send me a beta firmware that enabled local connection from the Deco App to the Deco device. Additionally, during troubleshooting I want to disable the wifi completely and leave only LAN, but I can't since I can't do anything with the APP with no wireless and can't configure the Deco through LAN. Finally, For security reasons I want to disable wifi clients from accessing the router settings and only allow a local LAN connection to manage the router settings with the current state of the Deco you can't. So let's re-cap, TP-Link lowered the security and disabled many of the user controls and forced them to create a TP-Link Account in addtion to charging more. Please Enable FULL control of the DECO that I paid for (This is my Device and I don't want to be forced to use TP-Link account to use my OWN router) Thank you
Options
2024-04-19 03:51:11

@TP-Link 

I don't want to sign in with TP-Link ID!. Now how can I manage this device? I had an issue with the static routing settings which caused my devices to lose internet connections and the Deco Router wouldn't allow me to delete the settings from the App, moreover the Deco App is cloud dependent, which means that if there is no internet connection the Deco App doen't connect to the Deco device despite being on the same network. I had to wait for a week to get someone from support to send me a beta firmware that enabled local connection from the Deco App to the Deco device. 

Additionally, during troubleshooting I want to disable the wifi completely and leave only LAN, but I can't since I can't do anything with the APP with no wireless and can't configure the Deco through LAN.  

The web interface looks like it had a backdoor for TP-Link to manage the router but it is not enabled for the OWNER!. like for example manually selecting the WIFI channel through the web interface. Setting up Port Forwarding,... and all the rest of the settings.

Finally, For security reasons I want to disable wifi clients from accessing the router settings and only allow a local LAN connection to manage the router settings with the current state of the Deco you can't.

So let's re-cap, TP-Link lowered the security and disabled many of the user controls and forced them to create a TP-Link Account in addition to charging more.

Please Enable FULL control of the DECO that I paid for (This is my Device and I don't want to be forced to use TP-Link account to use my OWN router)

Thank you

Options
2024-04-19 11:00:55

Has anyone noticed that the Deco X50 web interface appears to have some 'hidden' options?

When you click certain menu items, certain components appear on the screen and then quickly disappear.

Check out this screen grab from clicking the 'System Parameters' menu item several times until I got a 'failure' message.

These options are not normally available on the 'view' only web interface.

So, is this an indication that some of the capability is/was there, and it's now been hobbled ?

Options
2024-04-21 19:56:02

@TP-Link as you said, "Unfortunately, there has been no plan to add these features yet.".

2 years since you wrote that !

And quite nothing changed...

BE85 has great hardware, but poor software.

Being stuck with a mobile app is not future proof.

This is one of my first TP Link product (the 2nd : first was a wifi power socket), but this is the last one.

Now, I'm waiting for Asus to sell their BQ16 in Europe, and these BE85 will go on ebay.

Too bad, as already said, it is not a matter of hardware, only software....

Options
RE:Web UI Configuration
2024-04-24 07:54:15
I see I am one of many many people who think this whole only being able to use an app to configure a moem and router is ridiculous. Having a new internet connection and a new TP link modem/router is a nightmare. Let me plug the modem into my computer so I can configure it to work with the new connection (whilst I have internet on my phone to check out help sites) instead of insisting the phone connects wirelessly to the modem and kicking the phone of the internet because it is not configured correctly!!
Options
2024-04-24 07:56:40
I am caught in a similar circular argument just trying to get the thing setup using an App. It is shocking!
Options

Voters 182

+ 178 Voters