Extender Internet connection Dropping frequently

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-13 08:36:31
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Range Extender RE 450

Main Router Technicolor DGA4231ETI

I have manually setup the range extender with DHCP server On with all the settings Default Gateway & Primary DNS manually entered. I have configured same SSID.

The connection has been established in both the bands however the internet connections was dropping after few hours of normal working. I have to intervene , switch to other bands to establish internet connection.. Sometimes this happens frequently in 5 GHz band. No problem for the main router connection.

Troubleshooting :

a) So changed the 5Ghz channels from Auto in main router to fixed band but still no improvement. 

b) Now separate SSID for 5GHz but still no improvement .

c) In wifi setting changing the DNS server to manual instead of auto. It resolves the problem temporarily in apple devices but still persisting.

Any other troubleshooting suggestion. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Extender Internet connection Dropping frequently
2022-02-14 08:17:37 - last edited 2022-02-14 08:20:04

Hello  @kbis 

Thank you for your feedback, may I know how about the 2.4Ghz& 5Ghz WiFi LED status on Range extender when connection drops? 

For '  switch to other bands to establish internet connection.. ' do you mean you need to switch to 2.4Ghz wifi band and 2.4Ghz still have internet? 

Can you help confirm some case details here: 

1. RE 's firmware& hardware version 
  2. May I know does internet drop on all the device or only certain of the devices, what are the models of connected devices to RE? 
  3.  Network topology, e.g.  Router AX1500 <wireless> RE450
  4.  When did you buy the extender and how long has it been working fine with the same router?
  5. May I have the a photo of the DHCP settings on range extender? 
Options
2022-02-14 16:03:25 - last edited 2022-02-15 12:47:43

@Solla-topee 

I will try to respond to your queries sequentially . If you require any further details pls inform me.

1. when the Internet connection dropping i hv checked all the LED are healthy.

2. When I switch bands 2.4 g is having connection. Note that 2.4 somewhat more stable than 5 g

3.  updated 1.0.7 Build 20211029 Rel. 57236

4. I could not locate any band steering feature in the main router

5. as mentioned I have tried with fixed channel 36 but no improvement 

6.Model RE450(AS) Ver 2.1 S/N 218B597000745 firmware 1.0.7 Build 20211029 Rel. 57236

7.Internet dropping is happening for that particular device at that point of time

8. topology is simple : FO Box to ISP router and then wireless range extender is used to extend the network to other parts of the apartment.

9. I have purchased 2 years back after that it was working fine . Issue started after ISP upgraded the router.

Options
2022-02-21 07:12:49 - last edited 2022-02-21 07:13:56

Hello   @kbis 

Thank you for further case details, did ISP change the router in your house before the issue started? 

1>  Can I know what are the devices (the model and OS:) that connected to RE450 5Ghz? Does all the devices connected to 5Ghz band drops internet all together? 

2>When internet lost, please login RE web page and share a photo of Status page. (check if RE is still connected to router ‘s wifi)

At the same I would like to create a support email TKID220223153 and escalate your case, please check your inbox, thank you. 

Options
2022-02-21 17:12:38

@Solla-topee 

1. Mostly these happen with Apple devices. Like Apple TV or IPad. samsung note . When I start the device the Internet connection remains healthy in fact it may streams for hours . However if I surf visit new sites then connection drops too soon.   restarting the device sometime later or immediately restarting RE450 resolve the issue. It may also resume Internet connection after some time. Internet connection lost can happen for all the device connected to that band at that time. At that time 2.4 ghz remains steady

2. I have taken screenshot when connection dropped. Attached here.

Options
2022-02-22 03:23:32

@kbis Thank you very much for more case details,yes our support will follow up your case via support email TKID220223153. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 376

Replies: 5

Related Articles