Powerline adapter speed help

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-13 10:20:12
Model: TL-WPA7517 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 3.2.4_701E14_190426_901

Hi, looking for some help with my new power line adapter, im not seeing the speeds expected based on the speeds im getting directly from the router and the speeds showing on the TP desktop client.

I have cat6 cables being used on both end, i'm plugged directly into the wall not through a extension lead and at the time of the test there is no other devices using the internet. anything further i can try?​​​​​​​

Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline adapter speed help
2022-02-15 03:49:37 - last edited 2022-02-15 03:51:35

Hello  @kendo1 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

We have an instruction explaining the powerline rate ( speed on tpPLC Utility/ app) and the actual speed test result: 

Explanation about the Powerline Rate and Actual speed of the Powerline Adapters

The speed will get reduced while signal being transmitted through house powerline  and the real wired/ Wi-Fi speed is closely related to the powerline rate and also received speed coming from the router.  In the actual household environment, real speed test could be 20% to 35% of the powerline rate and also capped by ISP bandwidth or router speed.

From the photos you provided, speed test around 70Mbps could reasonable.

Hope this helps. 

Options