Link Aggregation, fail-over, or just screw up?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-01 13:21:44
Model: TL-SF1005D  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello ! I have a question: I have TL-SG1005D="Switch A" and TL-SG1005D="switch B" non-managed switches. Switch A is connected to SG108PE, which is connected to the router. Switch B is at a distant location (40 Meter) and is connected to some Access points.

My question is, if I connect two ports of switch A with two ports of switch B, is the link going to be aggregated, i.e. I will have total of 200Mbs between the two switches? Or, is STP defines one as a back-up, and just block it, so that just one of them will be on ? Or worse, there is no STP on these switches (as they are called "dumb"), that it's going to screw them up? How would it work if I have two TL-SG1005D?

Connecting SG108PE directly with Switch B is not an option, since SG108PE doesn't seem to optimize the speed. The cables between the two location are telephone cables, with non-managed switches I will get full 90 Mbs, but SG108PE doesn't want to give more than 15Mbs, even if I set the port to be 100MF. With Auto-Mode it drops to 10MF. It doesn't like my telephone cables.

Besides, I'm short on ports on SG108PE.

I will appreciate your info!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 441

Replies: 0

Related Articles