What should the speed be?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-05 10:19:04 - last edited 2022-03-07 00:46:58
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20211022 rel.58866(5553)

Hello,

When I connect my PC to the modem (wired, Cat. 6E) I get up to 700 Mbps downstream; when I connect the PC to the router and then the router to the modem (both wired, Cat. 6E)), I get up to 190 Mbps.  The upload speed remains the same in both cases (about 100 Mbps).

I tried the advice from https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2170/ but the change is around 10 Mbps slower with QoS disabled.

Is that speed drop to be expected or is there a problem?

Thank you

Options
3 Reply
Re:What should the speed be?
2022-03-07 07:37:07

Hi @Rkom76    

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

May I know when did you buy your Archer A7? And when did you get this slow speed issue?

By the way, you mentioned that QoS is disabled. May I have the screenshot of the QoS settings? Thanks~

Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2022-03-09 14:00:59

Hi @Wayne-TP 

I bought the Archer in September 2020 but ran the speed test just last week.  Until last week I had a modem/router with 4 ports, so I had my PC connected to the modem and my smartphone to the Archer (the modem/router had no wi-fi).  Since my internet use on the smartphone is pretty light I didn't run a speed test when I installed the Archer.  Last week the modem/router failed, and asked the telephone company to replace it.  They sent just a modem, so I had to connect my PC to the Archer.  That's when I noticed the speed issue.

I tried several things, and one of them was activating the QoS.  I see a little improvement when it's on.

And QoS activated

Thank you!

Options
2022-03-10 06:33:39

Hi @Rkom76          

Thanks for providing us the information. 

We would like to escalate your case to the support engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.

Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 207

Replies: 3

Related Articles