ethernet issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ethernet issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ethernet issue
ethernet issue
2022-03-08 07:39:50 - last edited 2022-03-09 00:44:07

Hi

I have an AX6000 v1 (last firmware version December 2021) and recently I update my internet connectivity from FTTC to FTTH
I got the modem from the ISP and then connected to AX6000 v1 using WAN-LAN configuration.
FTTH speeds up to 1Gbps DL / 200 Mbps UL, really it is no more that 750Mbps DL and 180 Mbps UL. If I start speed test from AX6000v1 it is always around 700Mbps DL and 160 Mbps UL
Using AX6000 WIFI 5G network I got a speed uo to 600Mps DL / 130Mbps UL but If I connect my PCs (more then one) directly to AX6000v1 Ethernet ports I got up to 150Mbps DL / 130mbps UL and no more, using PoE AV1300 adapters the connectivity to the TV set box got up to 250Mbps DL / 130 Mbps UL no more

All Ethernet cables are cat 5 certified
Any idea about the Ethernet limitation in DL? Do you have any suggestion in order to speed up my DL ethernet connectivity?

Options
1 Reply
Re:ethernet issue
2022-03-09 08:32:31 - last edited 2022-03-09 08:53:00

Hi @TuqueroIMKJerna      

Thanks for reaching out to us. 

It seems you are reporting the same issue with Andrea68, have you ever tested the suggestions we provided before?
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/529044

This issue is a little weird because AX6000 wired speed is lower than wireless speed. It is suggested to follow steps below to test speed again:

1. Please download speedtest app on your computer. Windows PC could download and install speedtest app from Microsoft store, MAC PC could download speedtest app from Appstore. Speedtest app is much more stable and independent when comparing to other speed test tool. 

2. Please use speedtest app to test your modem wired speed. It is recommended to conduct several speed tests until the speed is stable, and then record the stable value and the node used for speed test

3. Please use speedtest app to test the AX6000 wired speed with the same PC and Ethernet cable. Please also conduct several speed tests until the speed is stable and ensure that the node used for speed test is the same as the node used for testing the modem.

Thanks for your cooperation. Looking forward to hearing from you~

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options